Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Question NCB

Options
  • 15-05-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

How long does your NCB last for... ie if you head away abroad how long does it last for until you lose it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

How long does your NCB last for... ie if you head away abroad how long does it last for until you lose it.
    2 years afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I h 2 years ncb from quinn direct from feb 00 - oct 02 (cancelled insurance half way through year 3 hence only 2 years ncb) Stopped driving for a couple of years and went to get insurance again in May last year. Quinn direct would'nt accept their own ncb as it was 2 1/2 years old. I got a quote from hibernian and accepted it. I sent off the ncb and there was no problems, dont know if they are ok with it or just didnt spoot it, either way I now have a 3 years ncb cert from hibernian.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Will my insurance cover me driving over in the Uk?I am with Hib?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

yes, it must cover driving in all 25 EU states and Switerland.

Thanks bond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Only for a short period though (25 days or something like that??) - i.e. if you go and live over there they won't cover you.

Well i am going over in aug and my insurance runs out in oct...I am goin to live there but want to keep my NCB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Bond-007 wrote:
    yes, it must cover driving in all 25 EU states and Switerland.

What about the small non EU countries which are bordered/surrounded by EU countries like Andorra, San Marino, Monaco , Vatican City etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You'll probably get insurance far, far cheaper from the UK companies anyway!

Advertisement