Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgement Day on Box Office

• 15-05-2006 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I was catching up on the RAW and Smackdown just now watching Afterburn. I couldn't believe it when they advertised Judgement Day on Sky Box Office. I havn't been watching wrestling long but I thought that it was only the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania that was pay per view. Now we have an early summer Smackdown event on pay per view.
    I imagine this is because of the Undertakers showdown with The Great Khali, they are really typing this up. Most of the other matches are fairly crap except for the king of the ring final, Rey v JBL and Angle v Henry.
    I hope people will not give in to Sky by buying this event. Its a disgrace.

How do you guys feel about it, will any of ye be buying it for 21.95 euro?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

A lot of the ppv's have been on box office recently. First there were the 4 ppv's that Channel 4 dropped, they all went to Sky Box Office. And since the brand split, there's been more ppv's than there used to be, so the new ones are all on box office. It's just because they weren't in Sky's original deal with WWE

I've never paid for a WWE ppv, and I never intend to. I'll either scab off one of my mates, or get it through "other means"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Glenman wrote:
    I couldn't believe it when they advertised Judgement Day on Sky Box Office. I havn't been watching wrestling long but I thought that it was only the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania that was pay per view

most of the WWE PPV's are on Box Office. have been for a year or 2 now. Judgement Day looks to be a load of piss anyway so i'm not upset that i will miss it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i say every time that i'm not going to buy a smackdown ppv, but always end up getting it a couple of hours before it starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

aint buying it at all...... got to see wrestlemania cause my cousin bought it :D but i aint paying 22 euro for this at all..... i think my cousin is though..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

**** that im not paying for it...il wait until the morning after and download it for free;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 moses_ulrich

ecw ppv is is sky sports for free apparently so thats good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

ecw ppv is is sky sports for free apparently so thats good :D

now thats sweet :D can see rvd beat the holy crap out of cena and win the wwe or title or i can see cena win and the ecw crowd froth at the mouth and give cena a bashing he'll never forget. ether way should be great viewing :lol:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dharney

i read somewhere ecw was on sky 1! dont know if its true or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky Sports 1 surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, Sky Sports 1. That's still a part of the deal Sky did a few years ago with the free ppv's they can air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Judgement Day....bah!

predictions:

JBL for the title (possibly setting up a ONS match with RVD....although I'd prefer to see RVD handing Cena's ass to him.). Chavo could appear in this match also.

Undertaker over Giant Khali (Khali is considered a danger in the ring and could be cut loose, so if he's leaving winning this makes no sense).

Lashley for KOTR - My thoughts from the start.

Finlay over Benoit - Dare I say, possibly featuring a run in from the Leprachaun.

Angle / Henry - No interest. Angle is one of the greatest, but I just cannot watch anything featuring Mark Henry. World's Slowest Man. Sucks!

Tag Team - Looks in favour of London / Hendrix.....unsure.

Helms / Super Crazy - I hope Super Crazy wins this. Awesome wrestler.

Melina / Jillian Hall - whatever....

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Judgement Day....bah!

predictions:

JBL for the title (possibly setting up a ONS match with RVD....although I'd prefer to see RVD handing Cena's ass to him.). Chavo could appear in this match also.

Undertaker over Giant Khali (Khali is considered a danger in the ring and could be cut loose, so if he's leaving winning this makes no sense).

Lashley for KOTR - My thoughts from the start.

Finlay over Benoit - Dare I say, possibly featuring a run in from the Leprachaun.

Angle / Henry - No interest. Angle is one of the greatest, but I just cannot watch anything featuring Mark Henry. World's Slowest Man. Sucks!

Tag Team - Looks in favour of London / Hendrix.....unsure.

Helms / Super Crazy - I hope Super Crazy wins this. Awesome wrestler.

Melina / Jillian Hall - whatever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Only PPV I pay for is WM, I wouldn't pay €2 for Judgement Day, let alone €22

Advertisement