Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

capturing sessions: javascript?

Options
  • 16-05-2006 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

is it possible to listen/get where a person is comming from on to your page [eg: flash with embdedd javascript] like a tracker ? or possible to get whats in the ur box?
    my friend mentioned something about sessions, cant seem to find anything on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

google 'jsp sessions', it will give you an idea of what sessions are and how they work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Placebo wrote:
    is it possible to listen/get where a person is comming from on to your page [eg: flash with embdedd javascript] like a tracker ?
    I don't believe so. A javascript only initialises on the client side. It has no information the server doesn't send it, through ajax or by embedding some values using PHP, JSP, ASP, PERL or whatever Server Side scripting language tickles your throath.
    Placebo wrote:
    or possible to get whats in the ur box?
    Sure.
    var myURL = window.location;
    window.alert(myURL);

Placebo wrote:
    my friend mentioned something about sessions, cant seem to find anything on it
    JavaScript has no access to session variables.
    It has cookies, but they're hardly the same.

Advertisement