Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[B][/B] Price to slate a roof

Options
  • 16-05-2006 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Got a roof for new build looking at a price of 1.30 per slate plus vat. The slates will be punched and graded.
    The roof will already be up and felted and battened so this price is for leading and fixing of slates. Straight A roof with hip roof at one end.No chimneys to worry about. Does anybody else got prices to roof a house? Does this seem high?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

AJL wrote:
    Got a roof for new build looking at a price of 1.30 per slate plus vat. The slates will be punched and graded.
    The roof will already be up and felted and battened so this price is for leading and fixing of slates. Straight A roof with hip roof at one end.No chimneys to worry about. Does anybody else got prices to roof a house? Does this seem high?
    You described the roof and if you have no chimneys where is the flashing going to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

flashing to be done along the top of the hip i assume - instead of ridge tiles ?

does your price include labour & materials or just materials ?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

No materials just labour

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sounds dear enough to me but then again prices up here in Donegal would generally be cheaper than other areas.

i would shop around though

Advertisement