Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rough green snake

Options
  • 16-05-2006 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

has anyone got these or know much about them i got one today he seems very tame and calm i think he is really nice did some reserch on the net but its very mixed some sites say they are good to handle and others say they are not good to handle any help as ever would be great

thanx folks

tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope have not got one - do you have any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

ill take a pic today sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Had one about 14 years back kept him in a small viv, but as a rule I rarely handle any of my reptiles unless I have to. Beautiful critter tho . I suppose a lot would depend on wether the snake is captive bred or wild caught? but I could be grasping at straws there :P
    No point in handling him/her if it stresses him/her out, and the one i had was prone to stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

here are some pics i have named him shrek

DSCF0271.JPG

DSCF0272.JPG

DSCF0274.JPG

DSCF0276.JPG

DSCF0277.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭le-dub

I bought a Corn Snake about 7 years ago. I would say dont treat it like another pet ( dog, cat etc) because its nothing like that as im sure your aware. The less you handle the snake the better, i would'nt go picking it up everyday for 20min here and there as it will get very stressed. The snake i had was great when it was small, but as it got bigger it was more agressive. I pretty much left it alone, i only picked it up if i was cleaning the tank out or that. I lost count of how many times it went for me, but lucky not to be bitten. Depending on were your keeping the snake, if the sunlite comes direclty into the room, i would cover the front of the glass with a sheet of paper or something..

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Stunning snake hun :)

Advertisement