Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 46" LCD R5...should i wait for R7?

• 16-05-2006 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

dear all,

i am hoping we have a samsung dude or dudette here...

currently samsung have a 46" LCD panel but it is the series 5 model (they are on Komplett)

from what i have read, a newer model (the 7 series) is out now but the 46" has not made an appearance in this series....

what i would like to know : anyone heard of release dates for this? is it on the cards? will there be much difference? anyone know (as in have experience of) the difference between the smaller models?

any searches for it bring up a german samsung site but i cannot find it anywhere else...

any help greatfully received...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Here's what I found on the samsung site

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r74bdxxeu.asp

Enjoy.

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

quazzy wrote:
    Here's what I found on the samsung site

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r74bdxxeu.asp

Enjoy.

Q

yep but that only does up to 40 inches..i will avoid any smut on the extra 6 inches!!! :D

maybe they are tanking the 46 inch, altho on the avforums i just read samsung OEM this year is going up to 57" LCD....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Its the LE46M51B as far as i know not r5 and u could be waiting months if the 40 inch models are anything to go by (40m51, 40m61 then 40m71). Its in powercity atm for 3400 euro (rip) which surprises me as their newest models tend to a year old at least. Its online for 2600 euro minus delivery atm.

Dots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I would wait, Samsung have made big improvments in the later models >R7 like the Contrast 5000:1 the responce time 8ms. I had a Samsung Plasma and changed to 37" R74 LCD, i am very happy with it.

There will be good value after the world cup, due to demand droping.

Advertisement