Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - Recessed Manhole Cover

Options
  • 16-05-2006 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Folks ,
    Currently doing some brick paving in my back yard , and I completly overlooked the fact that I need a 12" x 12" recessed manhole cover + frame , capable of taking 50mm paviors + bedding . I have searced all the local builders merchants in the Dublin 15/ Dunboyne / Maynooth area and the usual big ones , Heitons, Chadwicks , Goodwins and a few large plumbing suppliers but to no avail .

The only place which may have them is DPL in old Kilmainham , which with me working now is hard to get to before closing .

So if anyone knows any suppliers near me in D15 / Dunboyne or a quick drive which I can do during my lunch who stocks 12" x 12" " recessed manhole covers would be greatly appriciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

**Bump**

Can anone help us out here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Try Cleary's in Kilcock 6287381

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Thanks Occidental for the reply,
    rang them but the dont stock them , eventually found 2 suppliers in the city one was €60 +vat and the other €120 .. bit pricey for the job im doing . so i think i'll go with plan b - have my brother weld some angle iron to 12" steel plate , paint and prime and change the orig base frame to a gavalised one off the shelf at any hardware store !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭O-Ninio

Ring Galco they supply quality stuff, there in Ballymount Estate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Call to J.L. Kelly in the village and ask for an AJ riser, he stocks most Wavin products so that should not be a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement