Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin on a Friday nite!

• 16-05-2006 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I have not been out clubbing in Dublin in about 4 months as iv been away. I am heading into town this Friday nite and need somewhere with some quality funky house music.

Looking online all I can see is Sin in Temple Bar with Ronan O. I have been in there once on a Sat n walked striaght back out. Any good nites on anywhere other than that? I would have like to go The Vaults but there is a big Techno nite on n that not my cuppa tea anymore.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

chq tis nite out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054924445

its an old skool nite wit music bing played mostly from da legendarey sides club
    there will b a lot of qaulity house played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Check out Stereotonic @ Rogue on Dame St.

I wouldn't call it funky house although you'll hear great house music there, just not the cheesy stuff really...

check out their site for more info...

www.bodytonicmusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

DUB1 wrote:
    chq tis nite out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054924445

its an old skool nite wit music bing played mostly from da legendarey sides club
    there will b a lot of qaulity house played

Who playing house and what kind will it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Who playing house and what kind will it be?
    CHQ DA OLD SKOL NITE THREAD ITS ME M8 & LIAM ROONEY HE USE PLAY FRENCHIES OUT IN BLANCH & IN SIDES A FEW TIMES I POSTED A MIX BY ME M8 DJ K IN DA THREAD IT WILL B HOUSE FROM 90-96 MOSTLY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

if ya do find somewhere to go and ya can keep the party goin ya can go to the white horse the next morning. opens every saturday at half 7 but doesnt get a good crowd til bout half 8. saturday morning clubbing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ALKEEGAN

I think to be honest Dublin on friday nights are a bit stale, if i wer u id keep my money and wait to go out on Saturday night instead! Much more on with more people and better buzz around the place! Any of the following on sat are worth checking out -

Acii Disco / The Hub
    Pogo / The Pod
    The Underground / Kennedys
    Various / Temple bar music centre
    Audio Groove / Traffic
    Sterotonic / Rouge

If u must go out on Friday and u want funky house maybe check out the POD for 515. 3 rooms there ur more den likely gonna like one of them! Pity soulcandy is not still on im sure u be well into that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭keithdowney

Spirit Basement - 2 rooms of music and its freeeeee

Room 1 : The Psychonavigation Club

Room 2 : Airport DJ's

Simply mail psychonavigation@gmail.com for up to 6 free passes.

Full listings below for next few weeks :

May 06

Room 1 : Barry Dempsey - [Phunk'dup] (DJ/Ableton Live) & monthly residents
    The Mix down DJ's Derek Duff + Dave Connell (May 19th)

Room 2 : Airport DJ's & Live visuals

'Genuine' Seedyr/Invisible agent Monthly Record label session
    Lmd 64 [Live] 2bit [Live] & DJ.Eddie Brennan (May 26th)

June 06

DJ.Karla Helion [Hotpress] & DJ.Keith Downey + Special Guest (June 2nd)

DJ.Mog-Y [Skull Funk Records] (June 9th)

(June 16th) T.B.C.

'Mix Down' resident monthly Session [Derek Duff + Dave Connell]
    & Brian Cody [Collective Music,Power Fm) (June 23rd)

'Genuine' Seedyr/Invisible agent Monthly Record label session (June 30th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ona

I recommend the POD too, music is brill, if you into house music, its the place to go. Would definitely stay away from Temple Bar too much a tourist spot.
    Hope you have a good night, and fair play if you make it to the White Horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah 515 @ pod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clár

Cheers for all the feedback.

Might check out the Pod, have not been there in almost a year. How much is it in and what dj's playing anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads has the POD changed recently as I have been there at least 5 times over the past year and I have never really enjoyed myself. Far too packed, and was rarely impressed with the music, usually more electro than house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

usually more electro than house

More than likely it's electro-house you're thinking of I'd say, which can be good occasionally but more often that not it's cheesy repetative Bo11ox if you ask me...

A fad that will pass as all fads do...

Advertisement