Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receivers - Which one?

Options
  • 16-05-2006 11:25am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    Am looking to put in a sat system now in the next while, don't want to get sky as it is too expensive.

Now I have heard about Technomate, Humax and Dreambox but cannot seem to figure out why you would pick one over the other.

I want to get the EPL soccer and movies etc.

Any insight I would appreciate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

the dreambox is a good option if you hook it up to the internet and use ftp programs etc.its an excellent box but only for the computer savvy folks.costs about 230 incl. delivery for basic 500s model which will not accept hdd.the advantage of the dreambox is that you do not need to buy a cam.a cheaper option would be to get this kaon reciever http://www.digi-sat-online.de/product_info.php?cPath=49_60&products_id=33 with suitable cam for about 40 euro for art card etc.that kaon reciever is very good value for money and i would recommend . you can buy a whole kit incl. dish,motor,reciever,lnb etc off digi-sat for 260 euro incl. del.picked out a suitable kit off digi-sat for you below with suitable cam to give you an idea of whats needed for art card on 13 east which shows EPL matches.they deliver by ups and are excellent company with cheapest prices in europe.

Wandhalter 45 Alu
    11.00EUR 11.00EUR

Koax-Kabel 100m 90dB Vantage
    14.00EUR 14.00EUR

DiSEqC Motor Mount H-H DG-120+
    41.00EUR 41.00EUR

Kaon KSC 570 / 575 ci
    - Software Leer/Original
    85.00EUR 85.00EUR

Vantage 85cm (90) Stahl
    - Farbe Hellgrau
    25.00EUR 25.00EUR

Single Smart Titanium 0,2 dB
    7.00EUR 7.00EUR

Viaccess-Ci
    41.99EUR 41.99EUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

yop wrote:
    Technomate, Humax and Dreambox

Higher level equipment. Really suited for enthusiasts.

Cheap and simple way is to get a common interface receiver and a cam.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You wont go wrong with a Technomate 1500ci super. Excellent receiver and you will not need a cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

yop wrote:
    Guys,
    Am looking to put in a sat system now in the next while, don't want to get sky as it is too expensive.

Now I have heard about Technomate, Humax and Dreambox but cannot seem to figure out why you would pick one over the other.

I want to get the EPL soccer and movies etc.

Any insight I would appreciate.

I have the deambox, best thing since sliced bread , but only for reasons that would get us banned if we talked about....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

how hard is it to learn to use dreambox ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Not all that hard, a knowlege of basic networking would help and also some basic nix commands wouldnt go astray. Then it is all down to how you decide to fiddle with the dreambox so to say. Such as the loading of images and how store them etc.

Advertisement