Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro related

Options
  • 16-05-2006 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Anybody has metro connection in Northern ring road area? if so how is the signal quality? I am not very familiar with area names so just took a quick screenshot from google maps to explain the exact place:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

i suppose you're talking about the wireless DSL :)

first of all you need line of sight to the transmitter. a colleague who lives at the Haymarket told me they adjusted the antenna in direction cathedral (direction city outwards). i thought they have installed it on the clarion or the river point?! do you see the clarion from your place? are there any other DSL antennas on the roofs?

the best might be to ring digiweb and ask them if it's available for your street :)

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭TheGreatest

Inge Binge wrote:
    i thought they have installed it on the clarion or the river point?! do you see the clarion from your place?

As far as I know the mast is on woodcock hill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I think, repeat think the transmitter on top of the Clarion is beloning to Irish Broadband. A friend of mine is on an elevated site in Ardnacrusha with a direct LOS with the Clarion and still couldn't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I live on Sheelin road and have metro. Its perfect
    very happy with it, Only the capps are a ball$.
    The mast is on woodcock hill so you would have
    no probs on the n.ring road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nazthing

Im struggling to remember where woodcock hill is, I'm near the moose, quite high up and can see a big hill in the distance. I suck at local geography.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nazthing

found it, im lookin right at the transmitter. nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ditch Digiweb and wait for Smart.

Advertisement