Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-centralisation

Options
  • 16-05-2006 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

i saw in yesterdays independant that the de-centralisation move to limerick was over sub-scribed,

they wanted 125 but 217 volunteered

seems set for march next year...

good to see the media hasnt managed to turn all people off limnerick..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you got a link to that, I heard differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

This is all I can find...
    of the 123 staff who work at Development Co-operation Ireland, which manages the Government's overseas-aid programme, only 13 are willing to move to Limerick

from here

unless they've had a big change of heart

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

i can scan it and post it up tomorrow,
    it was in the paper

they had a table giving a breakdown of all the locations where de-centralisation was going on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

its not to bad because its not just limerick they dont really want to go anywere

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

as promised from mondays independent

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g253/onaught/scan.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The problem is that most of the people wanting to go to country locations are already serving in other country locations! For example, someone in Limerick wants to go to Tralee, or vice-versa. Not what the government wants at all! They still have another country vacancy to fill.

There is a big thread on Decentralisation (note: no hyphen) here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=166556

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

Isn't it the Development Aid section of the Department of Foreign Affairs section that's moving?

I've chatted to two people on different occasions who've transferred out of that section to avoid going to Limerick. The way it works is that someone from the Department of Defence of Agriculture or another department, with a Limerick background, will transfer in and move down. Bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

its a disgrace that little villages in the middle of no where that don't have the proper infrastructure to cope with the influx of new people are getting massive department offices and cities like limerick are getting tiny departmental offices.

Birr is expected to take 400 FAS workers, we get like 24 new civil servants or something like that.

parochial politics at its best.

Advertisement