Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Messages & Sound Questions

Options
  • 16-05-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am designing a website for a friend, im a very basic HTML user and am still learning.
    Two questions:
    I want to play a short music clip on the website, how do i do this...do i just insert a music clip much in the same way id say insert and image or something like that?

Second question, i want people to be able to post messages (guestbook probably) onto the website, not chat, just post messages, is this easily done??

If anyone has any links to tutorials with the above questions that would be a great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

mel123 wrote:
    Second question, i want people to be able to post messages (guestbook probably) onto the website, not chat, just post messages, is this easily done??

i would advise you checking out wordpress or take a look at hotscripts.com for free scripts for guestbooks and the like. For a guestbook you will need a scripting language such as php or asp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Some hosts offer free guestbook scripts in their packages.Some will even set them up for you .

Have a google.

Advertisement