Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powercity.ie ??

Options
  • 16-05-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

What are your views on this site?
    I'm usually an "if you've got nothing good to say, say nothing at all"
    type of person but I just had to this time..
    I think it looks horrible. Quite like something you'd see done by a 12year
    old. I don't know why they wouldn't just get somebody in to do a proper
    website with cms so they could easily update it and in the end save
    themselves some €€. I was thinking of buying a tv so that's how I ended
    up on their site. After about 4 clicks I got into this Links
    That really should be denied to the public..

</rank>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Yes yes I remember that site. It's truly awful. It looks like something from the distant pass and on my fast work connection it takes ages to load. No one designed that site, it was just thrown together. For placement of items it looks ok but aesthetically its awful and no one could use it on anything less than a 256k connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Amateur hour, to be honest.

I'd put money on it being done by the teenage son of a powercity exec who is 'into computers'. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Powercity's website made baby Jesus cry.

Is it just me? or is their favicon knicked from Apache server? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

The weirdest thing about that site is the sheer size (as in dimensions) of all the images on that site. Check out the size of the navigation images:

Product Search
    Special Offers
    etc.

All the other images are really large and just scaled down too. Seems like whoever built it doesn't know how to resize an image! You also have to love the 'Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive' on the homepage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Its a hideous crock alright but I think most of us are guily of something similar when we were kids. Anyone got anything they want to show from the old days ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ah God love 'em... sure isn't it the thought that counts :)

Advertisement