Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 95FM Song?

Options
  • 16-05-2006 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

I notice that alot of people are visiting one of my sites are searching for the term "95fm Dancing on O'Connell Street"

Is there a new song out based on the "Dancing in the Street" after being put out by thestation?

If so I have not heard it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Billy, heard that song on the radio yesterday. I think it was recorded by the staff of Limerick 95FM, woeful stuff TBH!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

bobmeaney wrote:
    Billy, heard that song on the radio yesterday. I think it was recorded by the staff of Limerick 95FM, woeful stuff TBH!

Please dont be serious,another monstrosity of a
    "song" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

fraid so, heard it last night

although i di think the leinster one was quite funny though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

No GOD No when will these people ever learn

sioda wrote:
    No GOD No when will these people ever learn

Couldnt agree more. They are just not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Oh my god it's ****ing terrible!! I have to turn off my radio whenever it comes on, I just cringe..... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Frank OJ

I am amazed.

I am Limerick through and through. Dont doubt me please. But why are the replies thus far so negative.

I HATE it. I almost feel ashamed. So Limerick 95FM are trying to drum a little support with a local song. Yes the song may not be great, but who cares????? Can you do much better????? You swear record producers should control the airwaves around Limerick. I for one DONT LOVE the new 95 song but I must say I got a good laugh from it, from the point of view that they were not attempting to be objective but rather anticipating a victory for Limerick for such a great sporting event. They are supporting a local team!!!!

Geez, imagine what you guys would say if they were being negative, and doubted munster. They can't win can they????

Idiots's (to those oppossed to the song)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Frank, I can certainly appreciate that sentiments are well intended in the song but its just a bit crap, thats all.

I have a bit of a problem with Limerick 95 putting their mark on things.Have you ever heard the stamps they put on all the popular songs..,, i.e. they take a chorus, and extend it by putting in a melange of autotuned female vocals, singing 'Limerick's live 95 FM'.

I wouldnt deny for a second that they are doing great work in supporting the team. But dont forget,its a big money making mechanism for 95fm, they certainly have vested interests in the cause!

Frank OJ wrote:
    I am amazed.

I am Limerick through and through. Dont doubt me please. But why are the replies thus far so negative.

I HATE it. I almost feel ashamed. So Limerick 95FM are trying to drum a little support with a local song. Yes the song may not be great, but who cares????? Can you do much better????? You swear record producers should control the airwaves around Limerick. I for one DONT LOVE the new 95 song but I must say I got a good laugh from it, from the point of view that they were not attempting to be objective but rather anticipating a victory for Limerick for such a great sporting event. They are supporting a local team!!!!

Geez, imagine what you guys would say if they were being negative, and doubted munster. They can't win can they????

Idiots's (to those oppossed to the song)

Do ya remember the hot water they got into with their last "song"? Made the national press if I recall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, I like all the songs.. they are just a bit of fun and really create an athmosphere, stop taking things so damn seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah, I like all the songs.. they are just a bit of fun and really create an athmosphere, stop taking things so damn seriously

all the songs have been ****e, cheesy and embarrasing, admit it.

I understand that and don't get me wrong,I'll be delighted if they win,but 95FM just put their fingerprints on everything,I mean ads every 2 minutes for the game,it gets annoying after a bit in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

people obviously are getting brainwashed. they equal 95fm and the match... 95fm is just commercial free-rider... they piss me off!

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Hey Bob, how about Roper do a new version of 'Stand up and Fight'. If someone had of released it as a single in the build up to the match It would have gone straight to number one. Might say it to Brian next time I see him. I'm sure he could put a nice beat into it.

P.S. that song was beyond brutal, like what the hell! they could have:

1. Got someone who can sing. Serioulsy.
    2. Picked a better song.
    3. Made up some decent lyrics. When you have the music already its not that hard

Look at gift grub week in week out catchy tunes that have you laughing your ass off. Live 95 couldn't manage one. Limerick had a bad history when it comes to sporting songs. WHo remebers 'With clash of the ash, clash, clash, clash, Limerick are number one......'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 greendaysean15

that was thebbiggest pile of ... well ... pile ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

It was class, Live 95fm really built the athmosphere before the game, they were pumping out the song and thousands were singing (well only the one line of it) but it was still great warm up, much better then the 'Munster Roar' which they kept trying to get from us

Advertisement