Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk about underfunded (possibly not safe for office viewing...)

Options
  • 16-05-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I knew target shooters were underfunded here, but even we're not that badly off...

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1800924.html
    Naked olympic ambition
    _M34HANSEN1104_jpg_388207h.jpg

A Norwegian shooting champion is posing naked to try and pay his way to the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

Are Hansen, 24, is hoping to sell the pictures which show him naked but for a strategically held rifle, reports Aftenposten.

The Norwegian shooters' association has no main sponsor and competitors have to pay their own way to major competitions.

Hansen, an engineering student, took part in the World Cup opening in China in March and finished in eight place - but it cost him nearly £1,000.

"We had to pay half the tour ourselves, and for me, that amounted to 10,000 kroner," he said.

"We simply can't afford to send out all the shooters who qualify," admitted national shooting coach Christian Lilleng.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

At last!
    A viable reason for that Barrett 82A1 in .50BMG.

Dear Superintendent,
    With regard to my new career as a nude model; in order to preserve public decency, I require a licence for a VERY large gun... etc, etc.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Ahhh...

The Norwegian version of "Naked Gun" ...

Strange people...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Rovi wrote:
    At last!
    A viable reason for that Barrett 82A1 in .50BMG.

Dear Superintendent,
    With regard to my new career as a nude model; in order to preserve public decency, I require a licence for a VERY large gun... etc, etc.

:D

don't you mean a snubb nose sawn off min pistol, like the noisey cricket in Men in Black

http://articles.closeup.de/large/G/G405155.JPG

Vegeta wrote:
    don't you mean a snubb nose sawn off min pistol, like the noisey cricket in Men in Black
    Who have you been talking to??? chillando.gif

Rovi wrote:
    Who have you been talking to???

its in me sig :D ........only kiddin man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Focus fellas, focus.

Why couldn't it be the women's team who needed to fundraise??

Vegeta wrote:
    its in me sig...
    The bath water was cold, okay?

civdef wrote:
    Focus fellas, focus.

Why couldn't it be the women's team who needed to fundraise??

and mysteriously the night before their equipment gets robbed and have nothing to hide behind

Advertisement