Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange hotlinking on eurolink-m4.ie website

Options
  • 16-05-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭

On the Eirtag page on the EuroLink M4 website the Visa/MasterCard image links to a site that sell marbles (the kind you had as a kid as far as I can tell). The image is actually hotlinked from that site. Most strange.

Aside: On the Customer Service page they can't spell "axle", instead use "axel". I told them this months ago and even gave them corrected graphics (just a little cut/paste in Paint) but they still haven't corrected it.

It's all rather horrible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

The reason their Visa / Mastercard image is weird is that they did a search on Google images for it and rather than stealing the image and uploading it to their webspace, they took the URL from Google images and just hotlinked it from there. The site is complete crap anyway - the annoying Swish effects on the homepage are taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

A Truely horrible, horrible site.

I know the in house IT team for Cintra in Spain did the sister site, http://www.eurolink-m4.com/, so perhaps it's not a reflection on Irish web design (small consolation).

Advertisement