Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your UCDians (Chat)!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Sangre wrote:
    You really don't want to see him....ugh.

i also have a v interesting one of sangre at a party we were at with some interesting watermarks on his tshirt-i.e. our friend poured a drink all over him........aaaaaaaawwwwwwww memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Font22 wrote:
    he's v particular about pics tho! i'll make u a deal, i'll try convince him nxt time i see him, which will prob b in the lib 2moro! i bet u've seen him in college before tho, he's always lurking about!!!

he's got black hair, a cheeky grin and a fetish for cigarettes at the mo. i'm usually trailing behind giving out about said fetish!
    Ok well I'm also inflicted with said fetish so if ya see me introduce yourselves :D

muahahaha more for the list

well i know what u look like so i will!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Font22 wrote:
    i also have a v interesting one of sangre at a party we were at with some interesting watermarks on his tshirt-i.e. our friend poured a drink all over him........aaaaaaaawwwwwwww memories!
    Very strange. Was just looking at that photo. That mess is always fecking spilling pints on me.

freaky! tried uploading it but its too big i think. ur guns must be too big to upload....................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Scraggs wrote:
    Gwan do it help a sista' out!
    He's one of the boardsies on my stalking list and its very tricky coz I havn't a clue what he looks like:D

I know what he looks like!!:) You will also note that he was on my hottest boarders award that I pm'ed to you along with BKDZR!!
    Just hang around the seats near hilpers and look for the guy insanely laughing at his laptop....that will be hullabaloo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Scraggs find me and inevitably you will find the Hullaballoo......

Indigenous to the library, the Hullaballoo is a rarely seen creature. When seen, it is usually when stalking a cigarette.
    He often ambushes his cigarette as do other Hulls (including the domestic cat). He overpowers his cigarette from any angle, using his body size and strength to knock cigarettes off balance. Once prone, the Hullaballoo bites the back of the ciggy, often breaking the cigarette's spinal column, piercing their windpipe, or severing the jugular vein or carotid artery. For large cigars, a bite to the throat is preferred. After biting, the Hullaballoo then uses its muscled forelimbs to hold onto the cigarette, bringing it to the ground. The Hullaballoo remains latched onto the neck until its cigarette dies.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Font22 wrote:
    i'm sure i have a pic of hullaballo somewhere that i cud stick up, but then he'd prob ban me!
    There is no "probably" about it 22. I am expressly denying you licence to publish any digital imagery of me whatsoever on any medium (except bebo). There, I got all legal on your ass.

Sangre is of course correct, you don't want to have to behold my hidious malformations at all. Unfortunately, those of you who will be at the next beers will have to brace yourselves for such a heart-wrenchingly disturbing vista.

Aside from any of that, I think it's high time we implemented a policy similar to the Know Your Nerds thread in AH with regard to the amount of chit chat in this thread. It's nearly impossible to find a picture in this thread at the moment. So I think I'll mass prune the thread and move irrelevant posts (i.e. those with no pictures) to another thread (although it irks me that we'll have another spammy thread as an upshot).

I'm also thinking of starting up a UCD photopost where I can post up all of the pictures (again similar to KYN).

For the time being, I'd appreciate if people could give me feedback on any of the ideas* in this post. You can give such feedback in this thread until I get around to moving all of the non-picture posts.

*Except of course the bit about my photo which is not debateable. Not for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That sounds great to me, the fact that it's so hard to find photos in the thread irked me when I first joined :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Very good ideas, Hull, especially about the photopost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Waltons, did I see you last night in Ranelagh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Aside from any of that, I think it's high time we implemented a policy similar to the Know Your Nerds thread in AH with regard to the amount of chit chat in this thread. It's nearly impossible to find a picture in this thread at the moment. So I think I'll mass prune the thread and move irrelevant posts (i.e. those with no pictures) to another thread (although it irks me that we'll have another spammy thread as an upshot).

I'm also thinking of starting up a UCD photopost where I can post up all of the pictures (again similar to KYN).
    Why not just delete the crap from this thread, not worth keeping it in another thread imo. What's a photopost, I can guess but is it a boards feature or on some other website?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Well, we'll see what happens.

Photopost is like an online photo album. If you go into the KYN thread and click the link in the first post, it will link you to the photopost for boards. I'm thinking that something similar might be a good idea for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Ah took me a while to decypher kyn, that looks cool, and scraggs and pythia are at the top of that one, the top nerds:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Waltons, did I see you last night in Ranelagh?!

Unless I was sleepwalking, no :) Was firmly stuck in front of a set of economics notes all night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

There is no "probably" about it 22. I am expressly denying you licence to publish any digital imagery of me whatsoever on any medium (except bebo). There, I got all legal on your ass.
    Except Bebo? So if she posted on bebo and posted a link........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ehh... was gonna grace ye with another lovely picture of me, but the cable for the camera appears to be missing... hmmm...

Except Bebo? So if she posted on bebo and posted a link........
    That still counts as publication. Nah, I think Font22 has enough grey matter to know that I'm funny about my pictures. If you really want to see me, I'm going for a smoke outside the library now. I'll walk up to any UCD boardsies I know and introduce myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

That still counts as publication. Nah, I think Font22 has enough grey matter to know that I'm funny about my pictures. If you really want to see me, I'm going for a smoke outside the library now. I'll walk up to any UCD boardsies I know and introduce myself.
    just missed ya.... and I'll be damned if me and my black lungs are goin out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

humbert wrote:
    Why not just delete the crap from this thread, not worth keeping it in another thread imo. What's a photopost, I can guess but is it a boards feature or on some other website?

Seconded! I don't see any reason to keep all this chit chat. It's fun for the moment but nobody will look at it after a week or so.

I donno if we really need a photopost. This thread would be perfectly fine without all this talking.

Also folks, I believe I've read that the Hulli has firm plans to attend the post exams' beer. If you want to know whom to worship, I recommend attending this.

• Advertisement

god Hull is sexy when he starts talking moderator like! and dont mind him bout the malformations etc, u get over it.

Right that took aaaagggeeesss, but I finally managed to move all of the non-picture posts into this thread. (Apparently you can actually only move 458 posts [a random enough number] at a time!?) I decided to leave it as a sticky so that people can still chat about the pictures and tell each other how beautiful you all are.

Please try to only post pictures in the "Know your UCDians! (Pictures only!)".

Cheers guys! hullaballoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Good man Hullaballoo, that must have taken a hell of a lot of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Or a lot of procrastination about studying! :p

Had to click all 620 posts one-by-one, and then it only moved 458, so I had to click the other 162 again. Yuck. So much for the old finals!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Looking over the pic thread, I just noticed now that I was in the same class in school as the guy on the far right in B-K-DZR's photo.

Oh and there are a few non-pic posts still in that thread.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Click posts... do ye have to do that?

Fixed (I hope)!

Red Alert: yes, you have to click them, one-by-one, then move them to the thread you want. It's a nightmare, and I was actually looking forward to getting back to the familiar grind of the study when I was finished. That didn't last long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Nice work Hulla it's far easier to navigate now *enters stalker mode*

Gav.....singing Uptown Girl when that pic was taken?? Roffle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

[/size]

Ahh..the old use legalese to sound threatening and meaningful trick. Shame it doesn't mean anything. Thats BnL for ya!
    Think you kicked yourself up the arse when you 'published' the pictures on a public website! And linking to bebo isn't publishing...at all. Its the internet equivalent of telling someone where they can see you in the library.

Advertisement