Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Plan - Direct Labour with Timber Frame

• 16-05-2006 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Looking for a Project Plan for a direct Labour build for a Timber Frame home. Has anyone sat down at the start and worked out their plan of action ?

Regards
    SD:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RedLady

Hi,

Here are some of the things that I think have to be done as I am on the same road myself. Only going by whats in my head at the moment...

1)Sort out mortage lender if you require one
    2) Get insurance for self build on site.
    3) Get Base Plan to persons interested in Quoting for Foundation work and also to plumbers as they need to be in when foundations are going down to lay pipes.
    4)Also get quotes from the following - electrician, blocklayers, plasters, scaffolding. You'll have to decide on things like whether you want water pressurized system, power showers, what type of lighting you want, phone points etc.
    5)Decide on what type of flooring you want in each room....timber, tile etc
    6)Decide on Heating system - big headache for most people at the moment
    7)Decide on window and door supplier as they need to liase with timber frame people with regards to getting windows & door sizes correctly
    8)Decide on what tiles you'd like on roof
    9)Once foundations are done, timber frame gose up.Usualy takes about 3 weeks or so. You may be able to organise the erectors to tile the roof for you.

thats about as far as I am going to go for the mo.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Someday - If you want to read my blog then fire away, full direct labour with timber frame, for the first 6 months of the build you will get a good idea of what sort of schedule you are looking at, after that we took over a lot of the work ourselves so that threw that out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Someday

Thanks Guys - What type of Time frame are you looking at Lady - How big is your house ? Price per Sq ft, what do you reckon you will come in at ?

Thanks again
    SD

Advertisement