Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i wonder...

Options
  • 16-05-2006 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

If I go to Australia and lock myself in a cathedral and ask for asylum, would I get it?
    Beats payin €2500 for residency visa!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

powermac wrote:
    If I go to Australia and lock myself in a cathedral and ask for asylum, would I get it?

I believe they asked for Asylum first and then were refused. I guess you would have to have a case to begin with.

Theres a thread on AH on the subject that your comment would be better suited on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

powermac wrote:

probably, but bear in mind asylum in australia aint the cushy deal it is here. it a one way trip to a detention centre in the outback till they sort out youve no grounds :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

powermac wrote:

The suggestion being that you should not get it. In which case I ask what if you deserved it and actually were a political exile? What then if you didn't get it?
    Are you suggestion the Australian system is not fair? that it will ignore those who deserve justice? If you hold the Australian justice system in such contempt I really would think twice about telling them that when and if you pay for the visa.

Indeed there is a way to fake being a politicqal exile. Crush one of your testicles with a pliers. pluck out one of your eyes and pull out all the fingernails on one hand. then learn Farsi and destroy all your EU identity. Then live in afghanistan for five years. Then I bet the australians will believe you are genuine. The point being that like the alternative to a miracle being more unlikely it appears these people are prepared to die rather than go to Afghanistan. Are they faking it? Maybe but if they are the alternative explanation of faking it is similar to the above "faking" being a refugee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Hobbes wrote:
    I believe they asked for Asylum first and then were refused. I guess you would have to have a case to begin with.
    Only one was refused.

I think they're just faking it until the goveernment cracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

powermac wrote:

Maybe if you could prove you were in danger of being murdered here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement