Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exercise games

Options
  • 16-05-2006 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I don't enjoy video games much. They make me feel isolated, guilty for wasting time and leave me with a strange feeling of stress coupled with lack of physical activity. One time years ago I was in an arcade where they had a mountain bike racing game wired up to an exercise bike. Now that was much better. Felt great afterwards. I find gyms really boring- so two birds with one stone. What options are for this kind of thing at home? I have a PS2.

I have eye-toy play which is good for the kids and for parties but it's very limited gameplay. I have buzz which is social and not bad.

Anyone know of anything else like this?

I found this on the web. Anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭अधिनायक

Dancing games are too gay for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

There is an eyetoy game with aerobic instructors on it, looks all right. Teach you tai chi and stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

snif snif i smell spam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If the virtual experience was so enjoyable, why not get on a real bike?

If the virtual experience was so enjoyable, why not get on a real bike?
    Yeah I know. Just a lazy geek I guess. Why do people drive to the gym to go for a run?

I know that games forums get a lot of shills and spam but I am really just looking for advice. Here's another exercise bike from another manufacturer: http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/Products/Fitness-products/neoracer-GB.asp

Ideally I'd like a game you can play with others (maybe over a network) that's also physical and you don't have to go outside in the winter. If I had enough space I'd get tabletennis. (Maybe I could fit it in my garage that's full of junk.) Exercise can be really boring so I'd like to find an enjoyable way to do it. Even with eyetoy play I got a lot more fun from dumb games like boxing and ninja than normal games.

• Advertisement

Here's another machine that looks like a stepper or something
    http://www.powergridfitness.com/

Anyone can pull links off the web I'm just asking has anyone had a go at any of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i know you said dance games are too gay, but you'll shed tonnes of weight with DDR. so much so that you'll break it very quickly ;)

i know you said dance games are too gay, but you'll shed tonnes of weight with DDR. so much so that you'll break it very quickly ;)
    I just can't see it being an outlet for aggression which is a lot of the fun in compuetr games, destroying things or racing. Also I tried it out and I found it very confusing. Once you lose concentration for a second you're done for.

Advertisement