Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop question

Options
  • 16-05-2006 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

is there any way to perform the same task on multiple images in photoshop
    i.e. resize 35 images with one click.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yes. You need to set an action to do the task you want and then use the automate batch command in the file menu. Make sure you make a copy of the images before you do it if you haven't done it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

how do you set the action?
    it only allows me to do it with certain things like greyscale and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

dont worry got it figured out.
    cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Any chance you could share what you found out? (It's not for me, you understand, it's for my younger brother/sister/nephew/neice)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Any chance you could share what you found out? (It's not for me, you understand, it's for my younger brother/sister/nephew/neice)

Ok. Open a image you want to resize (or perform any action to). In the action's box click the record button, name action and then perform the resize or whatever you want to do to the image.

Now stop the action. This action is now saved.

In the file menu select Batch Automation and point to the directory with all the images your need to resize. You'll be able to select the action you've just recorded from the dropdown box. Click OK and let it run.

Simple :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Eternal thanks. I´m self-taught photoshopper and this has opened a whole new set of possibilities.

Thanks, man. Mean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Briony Noh wrote:
    Eternal thanks. I´m self-taught photoshopper and this has opened a whole new set of possibilities.

Thanks, man. Mean it.

No problemo's dude :cool:

Advertisement