Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Double Take Offer

Options
  • 16-05-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully you can help on this.
    Got the Double Take offer last year, on a almera.
    Found out that the "upgarded spec" 06 model, no longer has a sunroof, but automatic climate control.
    Currently, the 05 has a sunroof with climate control.

Im argueing the point with them that removing a sun roof in place of automatic climate control is as good as saying instead of a radio we have given you electric windows.
    Sunroofs are to let light into the cabin, with the added bonus of having air circulation, plus the cost involved in running Air Con is huge compared to a sun roof.

Basically I dont want to take a "different" car. I know its only a small change, but if im paying 20k, Id want to make sure that I get what Im paying for.

Any advice on this would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

is the sunroof still avaiable as an option on the 06 model ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Nope, only air con. Not exactly a spec upgrade i know

(gone from having sunroof and climate control to no sunroof and automatic climate control)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

antodeco wrote:
    Hopefully you can help on this.
    Got the Double Take offer last year, on a almera.
    Found out that the "upgarded spec" 06 model, no longer has a sunroof, but automatic climate control.
    Currently, the 05 has a sunroof with climate control.

Im argueing the point with them that removing a sun roof in place of automatic climate control is as good as saying instead of a radio we have given you electric windows.
    Sunroofs are to let light into the cabin, with the added bonus of having air circulation, plus the cost involved in running Air Con is huge compared to a sun roof.

Basically I dont want to take a "different" car. I know its only a small change, but if im paying 20k, Id want to make sure that I get what Im paying for.

Any advice on this would be great.

Just to clarify - when you say that the 05 car has climate control, do you mean with or without air conditioning? In other words, what is the difference between the climate control on the 05 car and on the 06 car? All climate control units are automatic, it's just that some (generally on older cars) do not include air conditioning.

as per nissans information:

What you have on your 2005 Almera is not in fact automatic climate control – rather it is a heating system with a digital read-out. This system can only either bring in air from outside at the outside temperature or introduce warmer air to the car. It cannot cool the cabin interior unless it is already cold outside. In other words, the system cannot bring the cabin temperature down to a temperature cooler than the external air temperature.

In fairness, the cabin will always be hotter then the external air, so in Ireland its a bit of a defeated purpose changing from one to the other.
    I never use my climate control ever, whilst my sunroof is nearly always open (unless its raining!!)
    I bought the car with these specs, was never told of the modification, and I am now expected just to take the offer. In my eyes its not what I paid for, its a different car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

antodeco wrote:
    In fairness, the cabin will always be hotter then the external air, so in Ireland its a bit of a defeated purpose changing from one to the other.

I dont understand fully what you are saying but whilst the cabin may be hotter than the external air it takes air-con to reduce the temperature quickly and offset the glasshouse effect.

Either a car has Air-Con or it has climate control , the latter where it automates the temperature automatically for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

antodeco wrote:
    I never use my climate control ever, whilst my sunroof is nearly always open (unless its raining!!)
    I bought the car with these specs, was never told of the modification, and I am now expected just to take the offer. In my eyes its not what I paid for, its a different car.

If the sunroof is no longer available on the Almera there is little you can do except to try and come to some sort of monetary compromise with Nissan and keep your old car.

Personally I would forego the sunroof and take the automatic climate control.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

antodeco wrote:

Read the small print of the offer. Anything in there that they are allowed to change the spec?

And as someone else already asked, is a sunroof an option on a '06 Almera?

If your answers are no and yes, then demand a sunroof and tell them you don't care if you're getting aircon or not. If sunroof is no longer an option, get them to have a decent aftermarket company put one in for you, or get some other discount, like free servicing or something

I cant actually use climate control. I have a young daughter who suffer's from asthma, and she cant be breathing in constantly circulated air, hence why its such a dea for me to have a sunroof.
    I dont use Air Con, cant use Air Con. I bought the car which had a sunroof, so I expect the new car to have a sunroof. I was never told there was going to be no sunroof, so as far as Im concerned, they have broken their agreement to give me the same car when I bring it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

If its not an option at all on the 06 Almeras then surely theres nothing they can do? I doubt they can just make you a special once off car. I'd say press for monetary compensation and keeping of your 05 car personally, since you really want the sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Either a car has Air-Con or it has climate control , the latter where it automates the temperature automatically for you.

Is it not that a car can have air-con, with or without climate control? I thought that climate control just allows you to specify that the temperature of the air-con?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

antodeco wrote:
    I cant actually use climate control. I have a young daughter who suffer's from asthma, and she cant be breathing in constantly circulated air, hence why its such a dea for me to have a sunroof.
    I dont use Air Con, cant use Air Con. I bought the car which had a sunroof, so I expect the new car to have a sunroof. I was never told there was going to be no sunroof, so as far as Im concerned, they have broken their agreement to give me the same car when I bring it back

Firstly, a/c does not mean constantly circulated air. In fact, many climate control systems include pollen filters - if your daughter has asthma then this will keep pollen out of the car. A sunroof, on the other hand, will bring even more in.

Secondly, from a resale point of view, a car with air conditioning will be worth more than one with a sunroof.

Finally, a car with a/c will be more comfortable year-round than one without. Personally speaking, if I were you I'd be delighted to be getting air conditioning for nothing more than the loss of a sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the "climate control" that used to be on the Almera wasn't Air Conditioned. and the terms and conditions have covered any possible spec changes

I'd be more upset about the fact that the car will depreciate at a phenomonal rate, given that the Almera's been on the way out for quite a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Anan1 wrote:
    Firstly, a/c does not mean constantly circulated air. In fact, many climate control systems include pollen filters - if your daughter has asthma then this will keep pollen out of the car. A sunroof, on the other hand, will bring even more in.

Secondly, from a resale point of view, a car with air conditioning will be worth more than one with a sunroof.

Finally, a car with a/c will be more comfortable year-round than one without. Personally speaking, if I were you I'd be delighted to be getting air conditioning for nothing more than the loss of a sunroof.
    in full agreement

a car with a/c is better than a sun roof you can set it to cold or hot and the pollen filters are better than on standard climate control as the a/c will not work as good with large dust particles in them

a sunroof does not cool the car only blows the head off you and increase drag of the car(increases consumption more that a/c), you can have a/c on at 120kph but having the suroof open in any fashion is madness

So long as your setting are correct only you the driver can recirculate air in the car not the a/c or climate control

i have a/c but was looking for a sunroof too with my current car and how glad i am that i took the a/c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Personally I love a sunroof, but my current car has AC which I've never had before. One thing its brilliant for is keeping the windows from fogging up. Its worth it for that alone. A sun roof does nothing when you are not moving and in traffic. Whereas as AC keeps you nice and comfy.

If you were worried about fuel ecomomy you'd be on your bike.

Advertisement