Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your own Biki entry.

Options
  • 16-05-2006 5:37pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok people, I was having a little think there earlier and realised that not too many of the UCD forum users seem to have a biki entry. So, why not have a go at filling up the gap?

If someone wants to nominate themselves to plump out the existing [wiki]Board:UCD[/wiki] entry, then I'll update it.

So about the user bit: I was thinking, people could post in this thread to say if they're interested in having an entry for themselves, and then I can mix and match people to do the entries for each other. It would be randomly allocated, so that we don't end up with some people who know each other and others who don't.

Anybody interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I don't know much about this biki of which you speak but I suspect that if the two users don't know each other they wont have much to say about each other.
    what's a biki?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This is the biki. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I want a entry (and my award had better be mentioned)

Hullabaloo, you're not down as moderator yet.

Actually that looks kinda interesting, well that might be an overstatement, but it could at least be an outlet for my desire to procrastinate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Count me in for t3h giant Kris Krindle Biki Writing Fest*.

* doesn't that sound very Japanese? Like how they'd call Santa "Annual Present-Bearing Gift Man"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ya cool, ive been posting here as long as panda,kittenkiller and MNG and they are all mentioned in the ucd one so i feel left out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Whoever wrote the engineering entry summed it up excellently!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

gulp. i think it was me.

i'm on for this userpages lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'd be up for writing something, but I don't really know anyone else that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

i don't know if i post enough to be written about, but i definitely need to avoid study enough to write about someone else!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

If people are willing to throw suggestions my way about what they'd like included on the UCD thing i'd be more than willing to write it after I finish exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm up for it

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Stepherunie and Blowfish, would you like to take a look at what is already there and decide between yourselves what to update and add? That would be a great help!

For the user pages, if you get someone you don't know a thing about, we can look at how we can match it up better. If we cannot work out the logistics properly (or even if people would just prefer to do this), we can have people write their own entry. The reason I suggest other people do it is because it might be more flattering!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Count me in!

That boards wiki is the most god awful thing to navigate around, who could be arsed. Sitll up for it though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Hows about everyone get a start on their own and then the more prominent ucd boardsters can be expanded and touched up by whoever hulla chooses.

Hullabaloo's right, I've nothing in particular I want to write about myself, what's the point. It'll only work if people get to write about each other. I don't think randomly choosing is the way to go as some association will be required. People could nominate someone to write theirs or request to write someone elses, however this also requires some proactive involvement and probably wouldn't work. Ultimatly I think it'll be up to hullabaloo to suggest who should write about who.

Stepherunie and Blowfish, would you like to take a look at what is already there and decide between yourselves what to update and add? That would be a great help!

Grand Job, took a look at it earlier - a lot of stuff needs updating from the modularisation and reshuffle - also a distinct lack of info about a lot of things, i'm finished next week so i'll give it a good going over after that and let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I'm in for this.......go on....write an entry on me! someone do it ....I said do it!!

Do I seem a bit enthusiastic about this?

Ditto, i'm finished next wednesday, and will have a look at it. If anyone has any ideas about what to add or change, post it here or PM me.

• Advertisement

I second that on all counts - also finished on wednesday. And thus the information stream will begin *vacant optimism*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ooh, can't wait to see it! If you want an assisstant, I'll help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

and heres me always thinkign that a biki was more like this

Ill chuck something together for myself after the exams i guess...as long as someone else goes first so i can copy them :p

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ooooh, 403 Forbidden! That must be a good link!

I'll get cracking on all of this after the exams. It'll be on 17kbps dial-up though. That's right, I said 17kbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

B-K-DzR wrote:
    FORBIDDEN!!!!! Its a picture of a biscuit(presumably) why is my server forbidden from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

You don't have permission to access /biscuits/media/waitroseoaten.jpg on this server.

yes...the biscuit idea would seem to hold...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I'd imagine B-K-DzR means that he thought this was what a biki was like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Dawson wrote:
    I'm in for this.......go on....write an entry on me! someone do it ....I said do it!!

Do I seem a bit enthusiastic about this?

i could do yours!!!.........TheVan Der Beek......aaaahhhhhhaaaaa its kinda funny the way that works on so many levels tho*

*Your gonna kill me the next time u see me arent ya!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Yea I'll be glad to help out on this after the exams.

I'm sure I could say a few things about a lot of posters here :p
    All nice of course.....:o

• Advertisement

Ooooh, 403 Forbidden! That must be a good link!

I'll get cracking on all of this after the exams. It'll be on 17kbps dial-up though. That's right, I said 17kbps.
    :eek:. I probably have a 56kbps lying around if you want it.

On topic, there's a fair bit to be done on the UCD wiki because of the restructuring. It might be an idea to get someone from each of the colleges to write about them.

Advertisement