Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 trade ins 1 new car

Options
  • 16-05-2006 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi my partner is thinking off buying a new jeep for about 34K
    she is trading in her car for about 15K
    im looking to update my car as its old so was wondering if a garage would take two cars as a trade in

jeep 34K
    car 1 15K
    car 2 5K
    cash 14K
    total 34K

the reason for the 2 trade ins is because we want to get another car from the uk And dont want the hassle of a private sale

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They probably would if they were at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Depends on the garage. It'll be complicated finding the best deal, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

if you donot want the hassle they try trade it in, but you wonot get good money for them as the garage will want to make more money as they are taking 2 cars from you.i would trade in 1 and sell the other privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the garage will do a buy in of the car, at a trade price, a good few thousand lower than the retail price. only do this unless you can't sell it privately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

colm_mcm wrote:
    the garage will do a buy in of the car, at a trade price, a good few thousand lower than the retail price. only do this unless you can't sell it privately
    yes thats exactly what i was saying as the garage will want to make max profit fromhim as he is trying to sell the 2 cars together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

once there is cash in the transaction no garage will refuse the offer just so long you remember to use trade figures for your existing cars and not resale value when doin your calculations

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Agree with the concensus already established. The garage probably would take the two cars, you'd save yourself hassle but at a cost. Brother in law was going to do this but the combined value of the two trade-ins was low

Advertisement