Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract not protected

Options
  • 16-05-2006 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Playing FM 2005, can anyone tell me what "contract not protected means".
    I'm playing as Utd and its on most of the younger players but some of the older ones to like Keane.
    At first I thought it was cause their contract was coming to an end but Keane has almost 2 years left!
    Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Contract not protected means that offers have to be accepted and your team will be paid compensation which is agreed by the fa or something. Its for players who are two or three years into their current contract, if the players are any good an unprotected i reckon just give them a new contract and problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Players under 17 years old cant have contracts protected. Players with 6 months to run can be signed from you without your consent and if the player is over 24, no compensation is paid to you. Players in their 5th year of their contract also are not protected. I think thats everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It's basically another way for other clubs to screw you out of (usually) your best players by denying you the luxury of turning a bid for your player down. The only way you can combat this is to offer your players/vampires over the age of 24 a new contract every two to three years so their contacts remain protected, it's another little ripple effect from the Bosman ruling.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

ok thanks that makes sense.
    It's a bit of a c*nt though, now I'll have to check everyone's contract just to make sure :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Advertisement