Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on Concrete base for Garage

• 16-05-2006 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

first post here! folks.
    I'm looking for some advise on a Concrete BAse for a Timber base Chalet I recently purchased. www.botanicgp.com The Chalet is 5x5m. I intend to construct the Base myself with help , wondering if anyone can give advise, aswell as some pricing or some handy DIY sites.
    thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Hi Liam,

It shouldn't be a big deal. You'll need about 2 Metres of concrete and some hardcore. 2 Meters is a nice bit to mix yourself using a mixer but you might have problems getting that much delivered. Read what it says here and if you have any more questions come back. The only other thing I would recommend is to put down a layer of plastic before you pour the concrete and turn it up at the edges between the concrete and the frame, this will stop any moisture coming up through the base.

Advertisement