Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira shower problem, hot and cold

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Hi folks, some interesting reading in this thread.

We have the same issue, low flow comes on while at a normal temperature, but when you turn it up high, the low flow goes away, but then it's too hot to use, so when you turn it back down again to a manageable temperature, the low flow comes on again.

The water pressure remains the same, but it just goes cold. So you can't shower because you've two choices: 1. freeze your ass off, 2. get scalded.

We recently replaced the shower head and hosing a few months ago, so it is clean.

Does this sound like the internal filter do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Sounds like that, was there much rubbish in the head/pipe??

Maybe needs the internal filter cleaned. Turn it off a the mains before opening the case or call a plumber. Another option is to take off the pipe to the head where it leaves the unit and turn on the shower, it may clean out any rubbish in the feed to the head.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks for that Barry.

Turns out the head was full of grit/limescale.

So did the needle piercing, cleaned it and gave it a 24 hour soak in vinegar.

Works perfectly now.

Only thing though, is there a better way of extracting the grit rather than just pushing it back into the head?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Col200sx wrote: »
    Thanks for that Barry.

Turns out the head was full of grit/limescale.

So did the needle piercing, cleaned it and gave it a 24 hour soak in vinegar.

Works perfectly now.

Only thing though, is there a better way of extracting the grit rather than just pushing it back into the head?

There are products on the market for dissolving scale, usually marketed for kettles. You can make up a solution and soak the head in it, dissolving the gunge. The stuff is usually calcium and/or magnesium, wihc can be dissolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Teena56

If anyone is reading this. My shower has three options hi which is scalding, low which is freezing or eco which is luke warm the shower is about a year old and only probably been used 20 times... any idea's or suggestion? While on hot it doesn't mater what I do lowering or highering it tays the same scalding hot and same with the low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Markcheese

What's the water flow from the shower like ?
    If you've low flow into and out of the shower ,that could be the cause of your scalding

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Teena56

The flow is good except on eco

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same peoblems as I am having with a Mira Elite 2 electric shower.

It has been in for about 11 months and has been on the same hot\cold setting (top dial on High) all the time because that was the perfect tempature.
    However over the past month or so it has become much much hotter at that setting which means I have to turn it down and as a result the 'Low Flow' light comes on.
    I have changed the top dial to Medium the pressure goes.

I know someone who had a sinilar problem with a Mira Elite 2 and they heard that it's limescale building up that causes the proble, not sure how they fixed it though.

Any got sugestions or have similar pronlems ?

Its the stat( Thermal switch) You can get replacements from Showerdoctor and places like that. They usually fail due to insufficient flow. Check for low pressure and limescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EugenesDIYDen

Don't know about the Elite 2, but the Mira Vigour has an internal filter with a stainless steel basket for the hot and cold feeds. It's held on with a single Philips screw and just a little bit tricky to get off because the o-rings hold it on tight. So you need to pull it off evenly, holding the left and right with your two hands and wiggling slightly. Make sure the rings are pushed in tight also when replacing. I've written up a guide here:

https://dengarden.com/appliances/How-to-Clean-the-Filter-in-a-Mira-Pumped-Electric-Shower

Advertisement