Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women with fuller backsides

• 16-05-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

I notice a worrying trend where women are trying to lose weight off their hips/backsides to look better. More of the 'Model madness'

I was always in favour of a more curvy backside rather than a hipless wonder.

Just curious to hear what others think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'd be with you there son..... Nothin worse than the slack arse look imho

where the jeans are flappin like a spinnaker under the rump.....

No sir.... Give me the "two eggs in a hanky" look anyday with good backward extension and no downdrag into the upper thigh......Good outward definition at the top also helps to.... erm... ruffle the auld bantam's wattles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm going to be in the minority in this thread, but I'm not fond of a girl who's draggin' a wagon. Also, I'd rather a girl with small boobs and ass than a girl with big boobs and ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Sico wrote:
    I'm going to be in the minority in this thread, but I'm not fond of a girl who's draggin' a wagon. Also, I'd rather a girl with small boobs and ass than a girl with big boobs and ass.
    A girl with a medium rear and big boobs even better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Spinal Tap said it best with "The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin' That's what I said"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sico wrote:

I'm with you too Sico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

"I like big butts and i can not lie, you other brothers cant deny, when girls walks in with an itty bitty waist and round one in your face you get sprung, yo straight off the top cos i noticed that butt was stuffed!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

"The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin"
    man i love that movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

A womans a$$ should fill but not spill. Thats my theory.

Bits of waist and ar$e fat sticking out over jeans is a no-go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I believe the term used is "muffin top"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I believe the term used is "muffin top"...

Or cliffhanger!!!! Or overflow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

actuallly i think sometimes its a turn on! the top of the muffin is the best bit after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

The real test is to be able to balance a glass of wine on your loved one's derriere. No spillage allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Or a bucket of water

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

I think its pretty much the same with most girls/woman and once everything is in proportion it looks good. Whilst I think the "curvier" figure like Kelly Brook is gorgeous I have to admit that I much prefer the skinny look and work hard to be skinny. I like the Kate Moss/Lindsay Lohan/Sophia Lauren/Eva Longoria skinny body myself. Its weird because you get a lot of men saying they like curvy girls yet I suppose I'm skinnish now and get tonnes of compliments saying I have a nice figure :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

I think its pretty much the same with most girls/woman and once everything is in proportion it looks good. Whilst I think the "curvier" figure like Kelly Brook is gorgeous I have to admit that I much prefer the skinny look and work hard to be skinny. I like the Kate Moss/Lindsay Lohan/Sophia Lauren/Eva Longoria skinny body myself. Its weird because you get a lot of men saying they like curvy girls yet I suppose I'm skinnish now and get tonnes of compliments saying I have a nice figure :confused:

A model figure is nice to look at cause shes fit, but lads find curves very attractive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

BIG%20ASS-777181.jpg

Just had to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah put that away! >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Or cliffhanger!!!! Or overflow!!!

Or fat bitch... ;)

Ah no, that's trés mean. Heavier women should wear trousers that fit- no excuses. Evans is wonderful.

I'm a girl, who no matter how much weight she loses, will never lose her bum. I'm a size 10 on top, 8 on waist and a 12 on bum. It's a btich finding jeans to fit ::mad: Oh well, how does the song go... "big booty is a thang of beauty"

I think a woman with curves is more attractive. Curvy, but in shape. Curvy is not code for fat. I hate when heavier people describe themselves as curvy. Makes us geuinely curvy girls sound large when asked to describe our physiques ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Isn't the whole big ass thing fashionable now though? With J-Lo and Beyonce and all those types making big rears and hips cool? It was boobs in the 90's, seems to have changed...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭man-in-cognito

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    I think a woman with curves is more attractive. Curvy, but in shape. Curvy is not code for fat. I hate when heavier people describe themselves as curvy. Makes us geuinely curvy girls sound large when asked to describe our physiques ;)

Well said. I like curvy, but I don't like fat! My girlfriend is curvy, but she's in no way fat! I couldn't go out with a skinny girl..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

moblog_b5e8ed9851408.jpg

Don't really find skinny women attractive unless they win me over personality wise. Actually can't seperate personality and looks tbh. No matter how sexy the woman if she's a cnut I can't fancy her but seen as this is a superficial thread....... big ass curvy women ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Isn't the whole big ass thing fashionable now though? With J-Lo and Beyonce and all those types making big rears and hips cool? It was boobs in the 90's, seems to have changed...................

No - the booty thing was around a couple of years ago but we're back to clotheshangers now. Look who the style icons are - Lindsey Lohan, Nicole Richie, the Olsens, Sienna Miller, Kate Moss - not a bum between the lot of them! Then you have other celebs like Teri Hatcher, Kate Bosworth, and even Angelina Jolie who is about a size 4 apart from her chest. Even Jessica Alba has been looking v skinny lately and she was always lauded for her curves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

rainglow wrote:
    No - the booty thing was around a couple of years ago but we're back to clotheshangers now. Look who the style icons are - Lindsey Lohan, Nicole Richie, the Olsens, Sienna Miller, Kate Moss - not a bum between the lot of them! Then you have other celebs like Teri Hatcher, Kate Bosworth, and even Angelina Jolie who is about a size 4 apart from her chest. Even Jessica Alba has been looking v skinny lately and she was always lauded for her curves.

True that about Alba. And presenting the MTV movies awards, the oul' rack was looking a bit fake in that first dress- looks like someone slapped two flesh-coloured balls onto her chest. Skinny people, EAT A SANDWICH, WOULD YOU?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I can't stand a big asses, definite no-no. I'd perfer a girl to have a small ass and small boobs, thanks a big ass and big boobs, and I'm a boob man! 90% of the time if a girl has a really nice ass, chances are she is going to have a good figure... Unlike boobs, you can do something about the size of your ass, and if its bigger than it should be, she has probably let herself go.

"Two eggs in a hankee" for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

Sico wrote:

draggin a wagon...fupping priceless stuff!!!!!

have 2 agree 100 % with ya. prefer smaller/thiner ..am wagons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I think boob size wise, a handful is all you need, the rest is a waste..

I'm not mad into the whole 'skinny' thing, although sometimes they're very hot! But if it's gonna result in people turing into Victoria Beckham then no thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think women generally fall into either the "apple shape" category - big boobs, slim legs, but pay for this with no ass, no hips and a tendency to get a flabby stomach.
    Then there's the "pear shape" - smaller boobs, flatter stomach but fuller ass, hips and thighs.
    As a person who fits into the first category, my lack of ass really bugs me.

Yeah, using the term "curvy" when describing a really overweight woman is so pathetic. Magazines are particularly guilty of it: "She's a curvy size 12" then a few pages later "So and so is proud to be a curvy 25 stone".

Unfortunately, though, the hourglass figure is pretty rare because most women (not all, but most) fall into the categories I described. It's unusual for a woman to be gifted with ample breasts, ample butt and tiny waist. I have to work on my waist all the time to keep my stomach flat. That means I have no bum and skinny legs. If I were to put on weight on my ass and thighs, they'd look shapelier but then I'd have to pay for these with a hideous stomach. If I had no boobs I'd be shaped like a boy goddammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Dudess wrote:
    As a person who fits into the first category, my lack of ass really bugs me.

If its any help since I started running have developed a bum which is great. Had the same problem as you duchess, and while its still small it has developed quite nicely since the running started...

I know your heart ache as got absolutely sick of being told I'd a little boy's bottom (i.e. none at all)..

Nice one, HardyEustace! Actually, yeah, my friend has, I suppose you could call it the opposite problem (flat chest - she has a great ass) and since she took up aerobics, her boobs have gotten bigger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

wHY DO BIRDS ALWAYS ASK THE INFAMOUS QUESTION

DOES MY BUM LOOK BIG IN THIS :rolleyes: :D you know 9 times out of 10 the answer is gonna be yes and io=f not he's usually lying anything for a quiet life :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Dudess wrote:
    I have to work on my waist all the time to keep my stomach flat. That means I have no bum and skinny legs. If I were to put on weight on my ass and thighs, they'd look shapelier but then I'd have to pay for these with a hideous stomach.

Not true if you were really good with your diet and started doing squats with a weighted bar and lunges with dumbells you'd start getting bigger thighs and a nicer ass. Your stomach would stay the way it is.

Nice legs and ass are the way to go. I hate when the knee is the widest part of a girls leg, its gross.

The ass can be too big though, J-Lo and Beyonce = too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sico wrote:

I like the small ass too.

Cheers for that, Vegeta. I do plenty of exercise and eat healthily but I've never worked out with weights. *me heads to the gym*

• Advertisement

clown bag wrote:
    big ass curvy women ftw.

As Freddie Mercury :confused: once sang: "Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Boo to you who don't like big asses! ;)
    I used to be a gymnast and dancer so I have a rather strange shape - small boobs, but perky, small waist, no hips, round ass and theighs. And someone said if you have a big ass you can change that - no you can't! To a degree you can of course, if you're carrying extra weight, but my ass is round and it's staying that way no matter what I do. I've learned to accept my backside though. Most men absolutely love it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you want on hourglass you have to know how to work it and how to keep it:) If you want the hourglass I recomend walking (no that does not mean on a tredmill i mean outside) and sit-ups would be your best-friend....at least 150 a day and I'm warning you wait at least an hour after eating before you try it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Stupid thread to be honest,in fact this forum may as well be named WOMENS fashion and appearance with the amount of things that are posted that i wouldn't be interested in the slightest,isn't there any blokes out there into designer casual clothing?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

sorry but i think your on your own there:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

jonny68 wrote:
    Stupid thread to be honest,in fact this forum may as well be named WOMENS fashion and appearance with the amount of things that are posted that i wouldn't be interested in the slightest,isn't there any blokes out there into designer casual clothing?:confused:

Stay on topic, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Or fat bitch... ;)

Ah no, that's trés mean. Heavier women should wear trousers that fit- no excuses. Evans is wonderful.

I'm a girl, who no matter how much weight she loses, will never lose her bum. I'm a size 10 on top, 8 on waist and a 12 on bum. It's a btich finding jeans to fit ::mad: Oh well, how does the song go... "big booty is a thang of beauty"

Sure it is, you're a size 8/10/12, you don't have to shop there. Try being over 5' 6'' and getting something to fit that looks half way decent. Everyone, heavier or not, should wear clothes that fit. Someone your size can look chunky in the wrong clothes the same as anyone else. Have a modicum of cop on.

Personally, I like a shapely rear on someone, regardless of sex. I know men aren't really genetically programmed for bootiful backsides, but a bit of definition makes up for a lot.

Current "fashion" trends are a bit scary at best.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I don't understand the whole 'Big Bootie' thing. Small beats big every time when it comes to asses. Just walk around dublin any day and you don't have to look far to find a big ass. A firm tight ass is much harder to find. If you've ever been to Australia or similar palces, where women take much better care of themselves, most girls have really nice asses. I put it down to the fact that the weather is better, they wear less clothes and can;t hide the fat so much. However, I was in London a few months ago and was amazed at how the women take much more pride in their appearance, there are not very many fat asses to be seen there, but in Ireland they are everywhere! Personally I am quite skinny and would not really go near a chick with a big ass. Standing beside eachother it would look silly from behind. Women have enough self esteem problems without being way bigger than their boyfriends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Curves FTW IMO TBH :p

Her: Does this dress make my bum look big ?

Him: Ah no, I think its all the chocolate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Raiser wrote:

Her: Does this dress make my bum look big ?
    Sometimes it's, what do I say, what does she want to hear, oh god, *Explode*

Advertisement