Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith College

Options
  • 16-05-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Finding it difficult to find much feedback on this college on the boards..can anyone give their opinions? Thinking of attending (LLB) full-time, mature student.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Im doing a part time course in Griffith atm. Overall the college seems very laid back, sometimes a little bit too much. Lecturers are very good, as are facilities.

Cant really help you on the course as its not my area. Any other q's just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

Thanks Skywalker..anyone else? There must be some more current/ex students of this college out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Tim06

I did a full time course there finished about 5 years ago. I liked it there found the atmosphere quite relaxed as skywalker said. It looks like it has really expanded since i have been there though, lots of new buildings and i would imagine that the numbers attending would be much greater now. I've never been to any other college so i wouldnt know how it would compare but in my course the classes were small, there was good interaction between us and the lecturers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Griffith have an open evening on June 21st. More details here. You should go along to get a feel for the place.

The law lecturers are generally very qualified people. Some have written books which are the leading texts in their subject area.

Some tend to learn everybody's name, which is an impressive feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

has a good reputation. quite an improving college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

I did my Bachelors in Computer Science from Griffith, overall the college has improved a huge amount over the years. The faculty was very good with some very good lecurers and curriciculum. The course content was challenging yet laid out and divided into relevant sections. Had me set for a real job. As far as i know the Law faculty has also had some recognition over the years.

The campus has just developed a residetial estate and a new bar, which looks likes a classy night club.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I was in GCD doing and LLB and i was highly unimpressed but that was 3 or 4 years ago and i dropped out but the college has much improved since then apparently . The Law faculty were helpful but had to be fought all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Jackthe

I have just finished the llb course, and have just started the fe1's. I have to say that in the three years I only ever had one complaint and that was dealt with straight away, not what I wanted but reasonable none the less. The lecturers are all (bar one or two who are good) excellent, and quite a few also lecture at the King's Inns so have to have somthing to offer.

Advertisement