Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Similar Diablo (type) games...?

Options
  • 16-05-2006 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know of any other PC games that are similar in nature to the brilliant RPG based game Diablo and Diablo II? Enjoyed them a lot and was looking for more similarly structured roll playing games. Help! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Westwood had a game called Nox that was a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Westwood had a game called Nox that was a lot of fun.

Cheers! I'll google it and see what comes up 'bout it.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Dungeon Siege?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

try Sacred. its not the best game ever, but its a decent enough diablo style rpg.

Great lads! Keep 'em coming!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

ill name any that come to mind, even those that have been already said

1) Arcanum
    2) Divine Divinity
    3) Beyond Divinity
    4) Nox
    5) Sacred
    6) Neverwinter Nights - good game
    7) Fallout Series

all i can think of at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo2expansionsetlod/similar.html

here is a list of games that, according to gamsespot.uk, are similar to diablo 2.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo2expansionsetlod/similar.html

here is a list of games that, according to gamsespot.uk, are similar to diablo 2.

n1 Fanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Nethack tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

There was a diablo clone out a few years ago with samurais...cant remember what it was called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Tusky wrote:
    There was a diablo clone out a few years ago with samurais...cant remember what it was called.

I believe it was Throne of Darkness.

As to the closest thing to a diablo click fest, well Dungeon Siege would be the most recent one.

I wouldn't classify Neverwinter Nights or Fallout as the same gaming experience that you might be looking for.

E3 has the Witcher and Hellgate:London tho. Both look pretty sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I would suggest Dungeon Siege and Sacred as two to check out. The others games mentioned, despite being GREAT games are much less Hack-'N-Slash than Diablo.

Dungeon Siege is fairly solid, fairly recent release and better supported.

Sacred is probably more similar to Diablo but it was not without it's problems, plenty of bugs, some game ending. I believe it has an expansion and I am sure the majority of bugs have been ironed out since release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

game called enclave ,get demo enclavegame.com,3d hack n slash game ,nice graphics.aLSO baldurs gate 1,2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Um... from the creators of Diablo I & II, comes World of Warcraft.
    Its an MMORPG with subscriptions to boot, but worth it. Check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Kiith wrote:
    try Sacred. its not the best game ever, but its a decent enough diablo style rpg.
    Seconded... veeery diablo.

knights of the old republic,and jade empire are great rpgs,and fable the new edition,on pc .

Ivan wrote:
    Um... from the creators of Diablo I & II, comes World of Warcraft.
    Its an MMORPG with subscriptions to boot, but worth it. Check it out.

From the creators, but not in a similar vein at all. (IMO)

From the creators, but not in a similar vein at all. (IMO)

Yeah I'd agree with that. I played it and its more player v pc than ones self immersed in dungeon situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Not in the same vein? :p
    There are a few classes, each one has "skill trees", its a hack and slash fantasy game. Health/Mana, xp, kill monsters and bosses. Collect loot, gear up your character all for end game PvP.

So... if they are so different, which game am I talking about? ;)

Pay a monthly fee for one.
    Play in a consistant online world with other players for another.
    I would argue against WoW being a hack n' slack.
    Fights with creatures in WoW are generally much more calculated and worked out than those in a Diabloesque game, you will generally spend a longer time fighting one mob in WoW than you would in D2 if they were of similar level, if a second mob comes and joins in, you are much more screwed in WoW.
    You can end up walking for a while in the WoW universe without much killing.
    You can be killed by players 40 levels above you in regions which would be deemed "safe" in none MMOs.
    No "story" in WoW, yes, there is world lore etc... but no real story.
    Activities such as crafting slow down the pace of the game and can be boring.
    You cannot do everything at your own pace, if you want to go to an instance or something then you may have to wait hours to get a group together.
    To name a few.

*Granted, some of that my require you to be in a PvP server, but not entirly (and who wouldn't go onto a PvP server!)*

I do not deny that if you like one, you may like the other, they are Fantasy RPGs after all. The OP may like WoW, and I suggest that he looks into it a bit, however, there is a big difference between the two IMO. You could use most of your reasoning statement on 90% of RPG comparisons so the logic is obviously flawed. You could use it on a comparison to Guild Wars for example, a very different game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

Be on the lookout for Titan Quest which will release in the next few months (I think June), looks like it will be quite similar to Diablo games, but with a historical/mythological theme, and more than that, it looks bloody good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

sephirosis wrote:
    Be on the lookout for Titan Quest which will release in the next few months (I think June), looks like it will be quite similar to Diablo games, but with a historical/mythological theme, and more than that, it looks bloody good!

I downloaded the single player demo just to see how the basic gameplay is, but unfortunately my pc doesn't look like it can handle the graphic needs. :(

And from my few minutes in the lowest setting(note: very ugly setting) the intro has that similar playing style to Diablo.

It looks nice at high settings as per the screenshots tho.

The official site is Titan Quest

sephirosis wrote:

Will do! Thanks for the heads up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Saw another type of game as i was installing an old one, a game called "Battle Realms" looks very diablo type of game or more like Throne of Darkness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Story of Thor for the Mega Drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

played the demo of titan quest recently. VERY like Diablo it seems, so I'd definitely have a look at it when it's released. Does anyone know if it will involve a monthly online fee or will it be free??

savage , the pc game is avaidable in bookmart talbot st,on right towards connolly station.9 euro approx.

Advertisement