Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway to find out when broadband will be available in my area

• 16-05-2006 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok looked around for this already but i was just wondering if there was any way i could find out when broadband will be available in my area?

I have it in my fathers house but i cant get it in my moms house yet and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way of finding out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ring eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Howdy,
    Start of by telling us where you live and what exchange you are served from. Somebody on Borads will know whats available in your area.
    thegills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Best bet would be, as PowerHouseDan said, to ring Eircom Customer Service and ask them. Asking people on boards or anywhere unofficial is likely to bring back responses like "oh but I heard x location is going to be enabled" with no official source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

There are more bb providers than Eircom. There may be a wireless bb in the area. Knowing the location could bring up a number of options, or none as the case may be, if the local exchange isn't enabled.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Patricide wrote:
    Ok looked around for this already but i was just wondering if there was any way i could find out when broadband will be available in my area?

I have it in my fathers house but i cant get it in my moms house yet and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way of finding out.

Hi Patricide,

I live about 2klms from the Tralee town centre and have BT BB since march, so far so good:)

Benny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I live out in leith, Its out near the abbeydorney cross on the listowel road.About 5 miles out i think from the edge of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ceepee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

permanet.ie provide a damn fine wireless service in Kerry .

Advertisement