Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone listened to Kill Em All recently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sofaspud wrote:
    More Mowtaaaaar Baaaa-reth, I thought.
    I haven't got it here to listen to (in work) but from what I remember it went like this: Mowtaaaa-ba-reth.
    I will verify it later on when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Am workin back through the albums. First it was MOP, now its RTL, so it'll be Kill 'Em All soon. Great album tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

malice_ wrote:
    from what I remember it went like this: Mowtaaaa-ba-reth.

Excellent.

Pyr0 wrote:
    Anyone else think the way James pronounces "motor breath" in the song fairly odd ? Sounds like "mootor breath" to me :confused:

James Hetfield's vocals on the whole album are very screechy. I listened to The Four Horsemen last night and the high-pitched vocals really stood out to me. The guitar and bass work are still top-knotch though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Bear in mind he was a kid when they recorded that album ;)

TBH I'd take screechy James of old over third-rate-Glenn-Danzig James of recent times :)

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    Bear in mind he was a kid when they recorded that album ;)
    Well he was born in 1963 according to Wikipedia and Kill 'Em All was recorded and released in 1983 so that would make him 19-20. Not quite a kid. I guess he probably just naturally found his range as he kept singing.
    Sorry, I'll take off my pedantic hat now :)
    Doctor J wrote:
    TBH I'd take screechy James of old over third-rate-Glenn-Danzig James of recent times :)
    Wholeheartedly agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Agent Steel

James was a much better singer when he couldn't, err, sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

Hey, great to see this thread, and that young people still like this stuff. I cant believe that some are arguing about how technically great other albums are over this one etc... They must have been arounf 18 when writing this material so thats pretty impressive. But besides all that Its a great f**kin album.

My fav songs would be - hit the lights, four horsemen, anasthesia, phantom lord, have to say jump in the fire doesnt really suit the album (thats the one mustaine wrote isnt it?)

Thanks for the AJFA bassy album, will give that a listen !

malice_ wrote:
    that would make him 19-20. Not quite a kid

That depends entirely on your perspective ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Doctor J wrote:
    That depends entirely on your perspective ;)

so says the old fart :)

• Advertisement

Don't you mean "fellow old fart"? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I regularly listen to "kill em all" AKA "Metal up your ass". Pure, raw drunken energy that. I love it. 10/10 for energy. Not anywhere near as clever or musical as their later releases, but by fook does it rock.

Have a google\torrent search for the pre-kill (1982) bootlegs, you can download them somewhere, in fact I think I got some here. Crazy, crazy $hit. The energy is just unreal. Some of the gigs have mustaine on lead too.

Doctor J wrote:
    Don't you mean "fellow old fart"? :p

so you going to see Quo in Killarney then :)

or maybe Alice Cooper :)

Saw Quo in the Olympia a couple of years ago :p

I'm waiting for the Xentrix reunion to hit these shores, maybe with Onslaught too :D

Doctor J wrote:
    Saw Quo in the Olympia a couple of years ago :p

I'm waiting for the Xentrix reunion to hit these shores, maybe with Onslaught too :D

poor you, waiting in vain hope - aint going to happen man

Let's just wait and see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

I regularly listen to "kill em all" AKA "Metal up your ass"

they're actually different.. metal up your ass was the initial name and featured some of the mixes found on the Bay area thrashers album.. the name and mixes evolved into kill em all!

Doc_Savage wrote:
    they're actually different.. metal up your ass was the initial name and featured some of the mixes found on the Bay area thrashers album.. the name and mixes evolved into kill em all!

Aye, but they wanted to call it Metal up your Ass.

Record company said no. Cliff said "kill all the record producers", someone else said "yea, kill em all!" and so the name was born. Apparently.

You sure that demo wasnt "power metal"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

You sure that demo wasnt "power metal"?

Do you mean No Life Til Leather?

Ancient1 wrote:
    Do you mean No Life Til Leather?

that was another one alright, think I have it somewhere.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

this is an excellent debut album, enough said, but is totally overshadowed by the following 4 albums (which just seemed to get better, although Justice is a bit of a grey area)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

this is an excellent debut album, enough said, but is totally overshadowed by the following 4 albums (which just seemed to get better, although Justice is a bit of a grey area)

Hmmmm, dont know if I agree that the Black Album "totally overshadows" it, two very different albums tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On another note, just downloaded Creeping Death recorded 20 years & 4 days ago. Such raw power of youthness and it reminds me perfectly of Kill 'Em All in the energy way! Brilliant. Roll on the 11th june, 14 days away :D

Well we can expect to hear Seek and Destroy again....what else d'yas reckon?
    No Remorse perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Cmon phantom lord!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I really don't want to hear Seek and Destroy again !! Something like Whiplash, The Four Horsemen, Hit the Lights. It would be class to hear Metal Miltia but I really really doubt it would happen.

Hmmm...Seek and Destroy has too much of a sing along quality for them to not play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Thats true, but it would be nice to hear a song that gets you going :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Has there been any playlists of late so we have something to go on for the gig sunday week?

Yes, I am too lazy to check the web ;)

• Advertisement

I'm sure you'll find them on metontour.com.

They post gigs and sets from every gig.

Advertisement