Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB bill

Options
  • 16-05-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Ive just moved out to the countryside. All is good except for the hike in the ESB bill. I know there is a different charge for non built up areas but this is a bit too much. Its as if the units are running faster here. Can anyone comment?

Dave_W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Urban and rural Customers pay the exact same rate (12.73c per kwh) What is different is the standing charge.
    Urban users pay 65e per year or 10.65e per bill. Rural users pay 101e per year or 16.84e per bill.

http://www.esb.ie/main/energy_home/rural_charges.jsp
    http://www.esb.ie/main/energy_home/urban_charges.jsp

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

yeah I know about that charge....but Im getting a difference of about €60 compared to previous bills from a different house (with similar appliances and usage), and Im not the only one alot of my mates are aswell.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

don't forget that the cost of electricity has gone up too....may just happen to co-incide with your bills in your new house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Xennon wrote:
    yeah I know about that charge....but Im getting a difference of about €60 compared to previous bills from a different house (with similar appliances and usage), and Im not the only one alot of my mates are aswell.

Dave

tell me about it, i moved from dublin to a rural house in the midlands and my bill went up by at least 20/25 %, i was told by a friend that its because there is no street lights near that i use the lights a lot more often. but i think it costs a lot more in the country its like the meter has a turbo in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Perhaps there a drain on it somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Have you got a private well and if so check that it's not staying on all the time. My neighbour who moved to the country had this problem and only discovered this when when the pump had been running full time an their ESB bill came in @ €250.

Advertisement