Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyrics to Mainiac 2000?

Options
  • 16-05-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

DOes anyone know where I could get my hands on the lyrics to Mark Mc Cabes Mainiac 2000. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Why in gods name would ya want them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

lol ahh god remember that song, everyone loved it when it came out and fukking hated it a couple of weeks later, still good memories. bbability I actually looked a good bit for the lyrics when I read that post but it looks like they've been locked up in room 101 or erased from existance or something (i'm sure plenty of people will be delighted about that), couldn't find them anywhere.

But lots of people have helped me out with song names and lyrics and things on here so I'm going to admit something that I swore I would never admit to anyone ever ever again. I still know all the lyrics pretty much off by heart. Thats right I was the one gobsh1te standing beside the decks at a house party with a can of dutch gold in me hand and the taste of cigarette smoke and XTC in me mouth, waiting for me mate to stop the track when it got to the part where mcCabe talks all over the song and ruins it and ruining it instead of him. But like I say I was 14 or something and the young ones used to fukkin love it for some reason, I think I had probably the most sex of anytime of my life while that song was no.1 and it has good memories for me so here goes, I haven't done it in about 6 years so they might not be bang on but they should be close.

"are you ready now!?!? a'right.
    she woke up, she was dressed to kill.
    she was a sexy lady, she had to get her thrill.
    how'd she get here? how'd she know,
    and all the music, the beat and tempo *(not sure bout that line)
    she was hell for leather, she was in for a fight, she said!
    Greetings, hold tight for the new jam, hold tight with the mike in my left hand
    its me all alive with the groove tip, are you ready now move to the roof.
    Now life it has no meaning, are you ready now move to the madness,
    on the party night to you, we hand this groove to you,
    Are you ready now? Move to the groove,
    Put your hands, up in the air.
    One simple question to ask yow'all. ARE YOU REA-DAY!?!?
    Every single body in the house tonight, lets hear you singing shes a maniac!
    *(cuts to your woman from the original singing)
    Shes a maniac, maniac on the floor.
    -AND SHES DANCIN
    and shes dancin' like she never did beforrrre

-RIGHT HERE ON THE DUBLIN DANCEFLOOR
    *(that bit again)
    -Then its back to mccabe, talkin again.
    Audiance partisipation time, she said.
    Put your hands in the air, side to side like you just don't care.
    Every body in the house on the party night scream it back to me.
    Ogie Ogie Ogie---Oui oiu oui
    rock it rock it baby baby rock it rock it more,
    rock it rock it baby baby rock it rock it dancefloor,
    5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Take this house to the maximum
    Shes a maniac, maniac on the floor.
    -AND SHES DANCIN
    and shes dancin' like she never did beforrrre

The grand finale,
    This story has come real far, and now baby hear we are,
    M A N... I A C. Come with me, to the place to be
    *(music fades out)"

Ok I'm going of to hang myself now.

Actually ye know what, thats a fukking deadly song. I know no one will agree with me but I don't care, and this friday night i'm going to bring a copy of that to me mates 21st and either everybodies gonna go nuts over it and have a deadly laugh at what we used to be like back then or I'm gonna get kicked half to death and then laughed out of the building, either way it feels so good to get that terrible secret out in the open. Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Any Irish person who doesnt know every word of this song needs to be deported. Come on, its a classic banger, 6 years later and the floor still goes insane for it. It reminds you of the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

^ you must die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Haha, quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

its a feckin super song!!! lyrics of a generation and everyone has a memory associated wit it. still love when it comes on in a club on a night out or at every 21st im at. quality!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Any Irish person who doesnt know every word of this song needs to be deported. Come on, its a classic banger, 6 years later and the floor still goes insane for it. It reminds you of the old days.

^^its true!

legend of a song when your drunk and just like slipss i too no all the words... sad as it may be but the song was no.1 for an entire summer!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's so bad that I enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Tha Gopher wrote:

Where are ye going to send me?? :(
    I think i was going through my Staind phase when this was out and i wouldnt have been caught dead listening to it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tha Gopher wrote:

deport me

that song is a candidate for worst Irish song ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Brutal song but does bring back good memories :)

Imagine hearing it when we're all in our 50s!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Xavi6 wrote:
    lyrics of a generation
    Haha!! Yeah that's right, lyrics that speak to all of us.
    Keep takin the medication buddy!

No!!!! I hope to still have good taste in music when im in my 50's!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah I know its a muck song with ****e lyrics and music that was sequenced in ten minutes but it will remind me in years to come of falling around the foundry in carlow locked and a few female mates that loved the song.

I will think about it for 0.4 seconds then forget it again :)

And for those 0.4 seconds a slight smile will cross your face and you'll get a far away look... awww

And then you'll snap back to reality and swear to the grandkids that you never heard that song before in your life!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

BaZmO* wrote:
    Haha!! Yeah that's right, lyrics that speak to all of us.
    Keep takin the medication buddy!

Here here.

Piece of garbage aimed at 10-18 year old knackers. My ears start to bleed when I hear that tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

It's so bad that I enjoy it.

I'm the opposite. It's so bad, I feel like jumping in fornt of the next Dart when I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

5e bud, mad out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

lol at the idea of raving to it at our 50ths :D

Your mans right, it is the voice of a generation

"my life, it has no meaning, are you ready now groove to the madness"

Its true, honestly, what meaning does your life have apart from the weekend? We slave all week in work so we can blow half of it on Friday/Saturday night. 40 hours a week on the grind, all for the final half hour in clubland, locked out of your brain with some bird who at the time at least thinks your the dogs bollix. All we have to live for.

Man that song is deep :)

To be completely honest i'd never even thought of it like that!!!!
    Hmm..

• Advertisement
Advertisement