Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugliest/Most Beautiful Building in Waterford?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

7upfree wrote: »
    Ugliest building? That eyesore that replaced Manor Street school. A carbuncle on the city.

What is the building used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its a youth centre I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i think think saint johns college is beautiful , both cathedrals are stunningly magnificent and indeed unique. the libary in lady lane is lovely , the new revamped presentation convent is also beatiful. Protestand hall is lovely as is the port of waterford building ,sadly there are many ugly buildings on o connell street ,they would look nice with a slap of paint ,theres also an ugly builing at the back of o connell street by the left of the stony steps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

cti prefabs on parnell street look ugly especially with that duck yellow color,they should really erect a solid strucure there, not something that looks like a builders quarters in a construction site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

i think think saint johns college is beautiful , both cathedrals are stunningly magnificent and indeed unique. the libary in lady lane is lovely , the new revamped presentation convent is also beatiful. Protestand hall is lovely as is the port of waterford building ,sadly there are many ugly buildings on o connell street ,they would look nice with a slap of paint ,theres also an ugly builing at the back of o connell street by the left of the stony steps

Where is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I was passing the main post office in town on the quay and when i was walking by i saw the side door(on the quay side) theres a huge green double door with an arch over the door and theres carvings to the left and right I think one is a horse and something else a lion or something and theres something written on there too, If you dont look up you just wont see it, I was looking at it thinking its really impressive.

Advertisement