Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Coach Wanted

Options
  • 16-05-2006 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good basketball coach willing to take on a Senior Ladies Team who came 2nd in the league this year and may be moving back up to Division 3?
    Anyone interested would need to understand that most of this team are together a long time and vary in ages between 37 and 48 years of age so the saying 'don't try to teach an old dog new tricks' springs to mind. Don't let that fool you however, the older players can still move just as well and better than the younger ones!
    Training takes place around the Tallaght/Firhouse area. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maherprobasket

Though I cannot coach this team the new season having already committed to a Dublin University Ladies A team (beinning Oct 06) and also expressing an intrest to coach Sligo Men in National League Div 1 06/07 (see Eurobasket message board May 16th messages at www.eurobasket.com) I can introduce my teamsystem for basketball which through a combination on my coach philosophy and teamsystem for play effectively creates a situation out there on the floor during competitive games where the players become their own coaches.Without going into the finer detail.....the players are tested relative to their 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 strengths/weaknesses....The top 5 defenders always start our goal being to get a grip on the game,s momentum and build a lead as we move progressively through the bench introducing 5th best defender 6th etc. The passing system players can use is desined to maximise individual Composure Concentration and Confidence whilst simultaneously putting pressure on defence and!
    taking it out of it,s comfort zone.My program
    is player friendly and appreciates the value of experience veteran players can
    bring to a team.

I can introduce my teamsystem for basketball either by sending by e-mail it,s content or at practical on court sessions.With this veterans ladies team 2/3
    practice sessions (1 to 2 hours) would probably be enough to illustrate it,s value to the team and get it on the winning track for 06/07 season.
    Tallagh/Firhouse sounds good.

Patrick Maher....www.freewes.com/maherprobasket
    Basketball Ireland level 1 coach and N.L.P. practitoner (www.nlp.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Tori

Thanks for the advice and may give your system a go if we don't get anyone in the meantime.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gger

Try posting on the basketball ireland web site.
    Every club is looking for a coach.....
    If you are going to pay you might have a chance.
    Try contacting the bigger clubs for help!
    Or the Basketball Ireland are to appiont an RDO very soon.
    They should be able to help.
    The Colleges are another place to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Tori

Thanks for the reply gger, I think though we might have found one!:)

Advertisement