Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Much for Central Heating & to Re-Wire..?

• 17-05-2006 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I realise it's impossible to give any sort of accurate figure, though would anyone be able to give a vague guide price as to what it might cost to re-wire a three bedroom bungalow? Also to install oil-fired central heating and radiators?

If it makes any difference it's Co. Mayo, so not Dublin prices...

Thank you.! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 _Paul_

Does €5,500 for the central heating and €2,500 for the re-wiring sound like realistic figures? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I got my house rewired recently (4 bed semi). I had to get a total rewire done along with loads of extras as the house was built in 1962 and still had the original wiring (rubber insulation). As each room only had one socket I naturally had to get a lot of extra ones fitted. I got a few quotes and the average was about €5000. These are Dublin prices so it may be a bit cheaper in Mayo. I'd imagine a bungalow would be a bit easier to do than a 2 storey - not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dmaher1

Just had a quote of 3k for rewiring myself a 3 bed semi-detached.

Depends on what specifications are. Any extras such as spotlights are extra.
    Your quote sounds good for electrics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,281 ✭✭✭✭muffler

_Paul_ wrote:
    Does €5,500 for the central heating and €2,500 for the re-wiring sound like realistic figures? :confused:
    Sounds good indeed. I am assuming that Mayo & Donegal prices would be similar and the prices given would be keen. Just watch out for what you are getting for the money - Number of double sockets and dont forget about TV points, any recessed lighting, external lights, new fuse board and/or meter box, door bells etc.
    On the heating side make sure price icludes a decent boiler, oil tank, double rads where needed including thermostats, new cylinder, isolation valves, thermostat etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ask locally for the names of some recommended plumbers and electricians. Then get quotes (preferably three for each job). Mayo prices should be cheaper than Dublin?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement