Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Player 11 Beta

• 17-05-2006 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Now available for download from here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Boo.

Has some nice features but god dammit, if it's not going to add all the albums to the library [a fault with MP10 awell] then it's no bloody good. fs.

It only added 1/2 my music to the library despite having each genre folder added to be synched.

Look nice tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

A vista program :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

any good those who have tried it ?

looks dam sexy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks nice enough alright but I think MS will have a hard time going against iTunes...especially due to the popularity of iPods and the fact that macs are getting more popular imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

thanks for that might give it a lash ! always paraniod with MSN products !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Just installed it have to say its nice to see a change from the past 10 versions of mp takes a bit of getting used to but i mean thats natural i like it anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Much nicer GUI this time, last 10 versions have been so bland.
    Haven't had much of a chance to play around with the functionality of it, sure all I want is for it to play MP3's and DivX, etc,

It's definite thumbs up for the look and feel anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

I don't like it due to the lack of Media Guide. I want to uninstall it and re-install Media Player 10, but I can't seem to figure out how. Does anybody know how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

If you go to "Add/Remove Programs" and click the "Check for Updates" box, it shows up as an XP Update. Click "Remove" and it will roll you back to WMP10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Thanks, you're a legend!

Will the same rollback thing work for going back from Internet Explorer 7 Beta to Internet Explorer 6?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Bleh, I still prefer winamp 2.x ... oh so many plugins.
    Who cares what it looks like anyway, I just want something with a low footprint to play my music and stay out of my way.
    And with next/previous/play/pause bound to extra buttons on my mouse, I don't even have to open the interface most of the time.
    Spiffing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Will the same rollback thing work for going back from Internet Explorer 7 Beta to Internet Explorer 6?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Gosh wrote:
    If you go to "Add/Remove Programs" and click the "Check for Updates" box, it shows up as an XP Update. Click "Remove" and it will roll you back to WMP10.

Thanks for that, wouldnt install properly for me :(

Advertisement