Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spurs sign berbatov

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

There's already a thread about Spurs signing Berbatov:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054929984

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

could be a good signing for Spurs, but when I hear that Bolton are bidding £7m for Andy Johnson today, it puts it in context. Is this unproven Premiership player worth £4m than AJ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Lemlin wrote:
    There's already a thread about Spurs signing Berbatov:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054929984

hey, thanks for pointing that out to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

AJ is overrated and i believe his actually value should be around 4m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Good signing - after an excellent season, one or two quality signings and hopefully Spurs can push upwards in the league again next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Call_me_al wrote:
    AJ is overrated and i believe his actually value should be around 4m
    A lot of people are of this opinion. imo he is England's best striker after Rooney and Owen. I've watched him a load of times and I definitely think he's better than Defoe and without doubt Bent. That's my opinion of him which most wouldn't agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

besty wrote:
    Is this unproven Premiership player worth £4m than AJ?

Did anyone ask the same question of RVN? Or Henry? :D

IMO, Johnson is overvalued (not over-rated) at £7 million.

Berbatov has a record of better than 1 every 2 games over the last three years in Germany, and 31 goals in 50 appearances for Bulgaria. Thats an impressive record, though no guarantee he'll succeed. Thats the point though, any player bought from the continent is a gamble.

In related news, rumours are that Berbatov has been given #18 at Spurs, Defoe's squad number, adding fuel to the Defoe-to-Liverpool fire. Also, rumours abound of Carlton Cole to Spurs on Friday, more on that if I hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Does that signal the end of Defoe or Mido, or both?

Mido *allegedly* already back in Italy after Spurs told Roma they won't do business.

Defoe? Depends on whether Cole is a runner or not, they won't leave us with only three strikers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bit of a turnaround for Mido isn't it? He seemed to be their savior up front for much of the season while Jol pondered over who was better between Defoe and Keane. Then he was hit with the groin injury, which I seem to remember someone saying (I think it was yourself actually) that it was rumored to be a cover for something else he did. Now he's being shipped back to Italy. Did something happen?

• Advertisement

Mido has a recurring fitness problem, basically he's liable to put on weight and his stamina suffers. Jol warned him in pre-season that he'd have to work hard on that aspect of his approach to the game IF he was to get a contract at Spurs.

His pre-ACN form was good, but it did mask a worrying tendancy for him to drift out of games at about the hour mark, exposing his stamina problem again. Post-ACN he was much worse, but again, our reliance on long balls to him as a team tactic managed to over exaggerate his importance to the side. There's no doubting that he has a presence, and as a plan B off the bench can help turn games around, but as a first XI player he didn't cut the mustard.

The coaching staff realised this during the months of February and March, and as Mido found himself on the bench more often he started to get tetchy. Allegedly, he stormed out of training some time in April, and his cards were marked from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

berbatov has been given the number 9.

dont know if i want carlton cole in the squad. am not convinced of what i know of him. but then again, what do i know :)

besides, id rather have bernard come into the squad full time. marvelous for the reserves. would love to see him step up to the first team.

Advertisement