Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband username format

• 17-05-2006 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Can a BT Broadband user please let me know the username format when connecting to the net for the first time. Is it
    <username@btbb.ie> and the password?

Thanks,

X.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

xabi wrote:
    Can a BT Broadband user please let me know the username format when connecting to the net for the first time. Is it
    <username@btbb.ie> and the password?

Thanks,

X.
    Just <username@btbb> no ".ie".
    or try <username@iolbb>
    and password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

And if the username they gave u doesn't work...

eircom@btbb
    Password: Broadband1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Hi Guys,

I just got BT Broadband (2MB), and I'm having trouble logging in for the first time.

About that username/password - is it the same username and password that I originally set up with BT on the website? Because I haven't been given any other, and I can't log in.

I cannot get through to technical support, no matter what hour of the day or how long I wait, and the I still don't have an answer from the email support.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

nij wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I just got BT Broadband (2MB), and I'm having trouble logging in for the first time.

About that username/password - is it the same username and password that I originally set up with BT on the website? Because I haven't been given any other, and I can't log in.

I cannot get through to technical support, no matter what hour of the day or how long I wait, and the I still don't have an answer from the email support.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    There are 2 usernames/passwords that you could be confusing.
    One is used to log into your account on the BT website where you can check your bill and the other is entered into your modem to log onto the internet. Each will be different.
    If you're using the correct one that you registered on the order form then your account may not be setup fully yet. I've seen this very often so you may need to give it another couple of days. The modem often arrives early.

Click "run diagnostic" in the modem and it will run a test. If it fails the pppoe test but passes the DSL sync and the loopback test it's a user/pass issue and your account isn't fully activated (or you're entering the details incorrectly). Don't worry about the "ping" test. BT have that disabled so it will always show fail. The PPP light on the modem should also be on (orange) when you are logged on correctly.
    BTW, the best time I found to get through to tech support is around 9.00 in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Oh ok... I think I know what the problem might be.

Thanks man, I appreciate your help! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement