Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fr Pat Noise Plaque

Options
  • 17-05-2006 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

what is the story with that plaque on O'connell bridge? i heard it is a few wealthy students taking the piss but there are a load of wild theories flying about. Good joke if it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm guessing "Fr Pat Noise" is an anagram, e.g. "A FINE SPORT"

LOL ---> http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=19+august+1919+ireland&meta=
    Dáil Éireann - Volume 1 - 19 August, 1919 - DEBATES. - FISHERIES.Dáil Éireann - Volume 1 - 19 August, 1919. DEBATES. - FISHERIES. ... An enormous quantity of herrings was consumed annually in Ireland. ...
    historical-debates.oireachtas.ie/ D/DT/D.F.C.191908190059.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Apparently it’s been there years and nobody noticed. I think who ever put it there came forward or wrote a letter to a newspaper saying they didn't cause any harm as there was already an indent at that location and they merely filled it in. The council is deciding whether or not to remove it and put a different plaque in its place. They say they have no interest in looking for who ever put it there.

Personally I reckon a Dustin the turkey plaque should go in its place. If anyone deserves to be immortalised in the centre of Dublin it’s him. Down with priest plaques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

apparently there was piece on tv3 about who really did, the guy over at archeire got really narky cos he mistakenly thought that somebody had chipped out a section of the bridge in the middle of the night, I went looking for a picture of the camera or whatever that was supposed to have been put in that place but I couldn't find any picture of the millenium clock (and the bridge at the time) at all???

anybody have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

From http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=51409793

Dublin City Council has denied that it is planning to remove a hoax plaque that has been on O'Connell Bridge for nearly three years.
    The bronze plaque, dedicated to the fictitious priest Fr Pat Noise, was erected in 2004, but was only spotted by the authorities last year.
    Reports this morning say the local council is planning to remove it in the coming days, but a spokesman said today that this was not true.
    Several councillors have put forward a motion for the plaque to be retained which is due to be debated next month.

Advertisement