Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a better Pub/Bar review

Options
  • 17-05-2006 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

than on Galway.net

What about a rundown of residential areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Most of the pubs in and around Galway City are in the city centre.
    This section seems to list most that would come to mind. Granted, the 'reviews' are little more than descriptions, but you have the pleasure of trying them out.
    A ratings system would have been a nice addition to the site, but that is a cavernous can of worms w.r.t. abuse, libel and artificial ratings by exploiting the site.

You could try googling the pub name or asking on this (or West) board.

I'm going to go with my hunch and assume you're taking 'the local' into consideration when looking to stay for a holiday or purchase property in a given area? No point living in Pleasantville if you can't have a pint smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Looking for good locals for when I move over and planning a good pub crawl when a mate and me come over for a long weekend to do more sussing out of the city and surround area.

The worst pub threads been helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Its pretty simple really.If you wanna have a few beers a bit of a craic a more relaxed atmosphere stay west of the river.If you wanna go on an all out bender and pub crawl and pull women then stay east of the river.....simple.All in all the majority of pubs are either side of Obriens and Wolfe tone bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

padi89 wrote:
    Its pretty simple really.If you wanna have a few chillout beers a bit of a craic and nothing too hectic stay west of the river.If you wanna go on an all out bender and pull women then stay east of the river.....simple.

True :D but there are also a few good chillout pubs east of the river as well, but if you are pulling then definetly stay east!!

I just love chilling in Murphys, Freenys and the Dew Drop. Hard to beat them for a great pint of Guinness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

jester77 wrote:
    True :D but there are also a few good chillout pubs east of the river as well, but if you are pulling then definetly stay east!!

I just love chilling in Murphys, Freenys and the Dew Drop. Hard to beat them for a great pint of Guinness!

Without a doubt the best pubs for the black stuff alright.Dew drop/An Tobar is probaly the one i most frequent out of the three followed closely by Murphys.They are little gems in a sea of disco bars:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Cool thanks for the tip

Advertisement