Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcelain tiles in bathroom

• 17-05-2006 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi, I am doing up the main bathroom, and I have ordered porcelain tiles for the floor. I have an excellent tiler, but my budget is tight and I am fairly handy so I want to give it a go myself!

Qs
    - I am putting down 12mm mbp ply on floorboards. Do I need to use flexible adhesive and grout? If so, what are the brand names and where can I get it.
    - I have manual tile cutters from previous jobs, will these do for porcelain tiles. All lines are straight btw, now awkward curves.

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Do I need to use flexible adhesive and grout
    Yes.
    If so, what are the brand names and where can I get it.
    The best one comes in 2 parts (powder and liquid) I'd have to check the brand name this evening but I think it's Bal.
    I have manual tile cutters from previous jobs, will these do for porcelain tiles.
    Try it and see, it may or may not do, The tile cutter I have is a cheap one which cut ceramic tiles from corner to corner no problem, but it wouldn't cut Porcelane on a bet.

If you didn't get the 12mm ply yet, 6mm would do and may be easier to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Porcelain tiles cut ok with manual cutters, but see thread on drilling porcelain tiles below.

Advertisement