Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New O2 Website

• 17-05-2006 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

The o2.ie website is being upgraded on Monday 22nd of May. You will not be able to access email, web text or any other services during this time. The new website will be available on the 23rd of May.

The UK version o2 has been upgraded and as always the Irish one will follow along the same lines, preview....

http://www.o2.co.uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Now if only Meteor would update their POS website....it's so useless, although I suppose in fairness it's not too bad on the eyes, but it's frequently not functioning correctly...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

The new version looks like something i would have made in 1st year in college. Not that the current one is great. still a bad design. Think web2.0 people.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dermoto wrote:
    The new version looks like something i would have made in 1st year in college.

Agreed doesn't look very good at all, also agree meteor need to re-do their whole website...althyough I'm not holding out much hope as eircom's websites such and now they own Meteor :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

Agreed - that site is pretty disgusting.... for example: (shield your eyes)

http://www.o2.co.uk/games/

...but how do you know the Irish one will be as bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

could this be co-inciding with a 3G launch as well??

was on to them a few weeks ago & asked about when they were starting 3G
    guy would (could??) not say for def but hinted within a month or two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

cormy wrote:
    Agreed - that site is pretty disgusting.... for example: (shield your eyes)

http://www.o2.co.uk/games/

...but how do you know the Irish one will be as bad?

Well basically the sites were replicas of each other before so no reason to think they wont be the exact same again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Does anyone remember the old O2 sites, at the time when they all shared that same drab green layout. The Irish O2 portal along with the German and Dutch portals all upgraded theirs. The UK was the only one to keep what they had until now. The new layout is far far nicer then what they were using before, and IMO it is a nice layout. If the Irish portal got a similar makeover it would be nice.

Besides we could be unlucky and end up with a site like Vodafones, Eircons or meteors. (Could someone please tell those poor eircom webmasters how do design a decent site that does not break in firefox).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Besides we could be unlucky and end up with a site like Vodafones, Eircons or meteors. (Could someone please tell those poor eircom webmasters how do design a decent site that does not break in firefox).

Meteor site works perfectly with firefox, just to let you know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Thirdfox wrote:
    Meteor site works perfectly with firefox, just to let you know :D
    I know, but eircons doesnt. I personally think that ISPs like eircon are getting "pursuaded" to push Internet Explorer and so they make sure there site is nice and IE friendly (screw the competition):rolleyes: Its a bit like how the makeitsecure site actualy doesnt provide good tips on keeping your computer secure, without pushing some commercial products that are bloated and ineffective.

could this be co-inciding with a 3G launch as well??

was on to them a few weeks ago & asked about when they were starting 3G
    guy would (could??) not say for def but hinted within a month or two

I posted in another thread bout that. they will now sell 3g sim cards (USIM cards) to u at 150 euro a pop! and u have to be pay monthly. But maybe with the new site they'll launch their official 3g service. FYI, i have a nokia n80 with a standard GSM card and when in 3g areas (it say it onscreen) I get 3G transfer speeds (300K+ a sec) when sending MMS. I use Wireless LAN for the internet on my phone (How cool is that!) so i haven't used 3G yet for browsing.
    I can imaging the price thou! current prices are 1K = 1cent. so downloading a song @ 300K a second would be 3 euro a second!!! totalling about 45 euro for a standard sized mp3! They really, REALLy have to revise their prices. On a related note, if your buying a new phone, Id recommend the N80, its the most advanced stylish peice of kit iver ever owned. And their are eircom WLAN hotspots everywhere, and some silly peoples unprotected ones! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@dermoto
    O2 will give you a 3G sim for free if you have a 3G handset and currently have a 2.5G card.

ciaranfo wrote:
    @dermoto
    O2 will give you a 3G sim for free if you have a 3G handset and currently have a 2.5G card.
    Really? I was in the o2 shop in waterford city near city square on thursday and they told me what i said earlier, 150 euro for the card. Maybe they were just idiots. :D Ill ring the help line and ask em, they shud have more info.

You said "3G CARD" to them? They proberly think you mean the data card. Tell them you want a "3G SIM CARD".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ciaranfo wrote:
    You said "3G CARD" to them? They proberly think you mean the data card. Tell them you want a "3G SIM CARD".
    this is most likely. the data card is 150 and only for contract users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 trudnai

Great, with the new O2 site everybody has to re-register him/herself, but during the registration procedure asks loads of questions and by the very end it says "sorry, MyO2 is temp. out of order, try again later" or something like that. I would have fire the IT staff if I were their boss -- sorry about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

What do ya all think? very slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fickeyminns

i just registered and logged in without any problem.

I did notice the home url has changed to www.o2online.ie so any bookmarks to the old site might not work depending on your browser settings and dns stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Went through the whole registration process only to be greeted by "My O2 is not available, try again later" or some such crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Yep same here. Not too good are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Now there's slow and there's S L O W !!!! jesus this is terrible at least all my webtext contects are still there I didn't really expect them to be :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fickeyminns

contacts may still be there, but there looks as if theres a problem sending them. i sent a few messages half an hour ago but i know one of them at least hasnt gone to there person i sent it to

They did say earlier it would be tomorrow before it's done. I guess we should give them a chance.

It is pretty bad form launching a new website that can't handle the load though :(

Just rang up CC there and they have a msg when you dial 1909 about the slowness ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Can't Login With Firefox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Its annoying though, since they said yesterday that the site would be available from 10 this morning, that changed to 4, and now its up but doesnt work. If they'd said it wouldnt be live til tomorrow, fair enough, but all this change about when its live etc, is just p**sing me off

I've just managed to login and I'm using firefox :)

this is most likely. the data card is 150 and only for contract users
    Thanks guys. I definitely said SIM card, and had my n80 in my hand and said "I just bought this 3G phone and i need a 3g sim card for it" but they obviously thought I was talking bout the datacard. Espically because they only showed me data costs, and i had to ask them were regular call prices the same as usual or something. Ill call in tomorro so and give it another try!

On the topic of the o2 website, its really, REALLY slow, apparently, my second name"O Sullivan" isn't a real name The space must cause problems. even a " ' " wont get thru. Also, my IEMI No on my phone is typed incorrectly. No, its just a sim free phone.

Once they fix the speed of the site ill take a look and start work on that texting program again.

Its annoying though, since they said yesterday that the site would be available from 10 this morning, that changed to 4, and now its up but doesnt work. If they'd said it wouldnt be live til tomorrow, fair enough, but all this change about when its live etc, is just p**sing me off
    What wouldve made more sense would have been to launch the site o2online.ie, seperatly, and once its up and running, put a redirect on o2.ie domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Bah. Can't login from uni ... get the error: Bad Gateway - The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Everything else is working fine, though, so for once I don't think I can blame the school's network. This happening to anyone else ?

Of course it wuold have dermoto ... if only :(

And to the other guy, I think most people are getting those errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

What wouldve made more sense would have been to launch the site o2online.ie, seperatly, and once its up and running, put a redirect on o2.ie domain.

Yeah, that would have made sense, but you know o2! Anyone able to log int yet?i'm using opera and ie and get a "bad gateway" error everytime

Advertisement