Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New O2 Website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

IDM wrote:
    Bah. Can't login from uni ... get the error: Bad Gateway - The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Everything else is working fine, though, so for once I don't think I can blame the school's network. This happening to anyone else ?

I'm getting the same message, using Digiweb Metro.

No joy using IE or Firefox

Grr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Well the site is now not even allowing me to register.

This is absolutely inexcusable. What did they expect to happen when they force everyone to re-register?
    They dont have the excuse of "unforeseen issues", as the UK site had a similar upgrade recently enough! Their web site management has always been nothing short of a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Tried to register about half an hour ago..... the page is still loading... not impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

it looks ****.the website is crap.they need to make it better.
    when i try to register i get this bloody message
    SorryMy O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later.

• Advertisement

do you have to register again.how do i access my old account.please help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've just sent a text to myself from the site but I haven't received it yet. I'll let you know when I do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

finally managed to log in using internet explorer, but for some reason the site wont let me log in using opera, hopefully that'll get resolved soon. sites horribly slow though :mad:

eirebhoy wrote:
    I've just sent a text to myself from the site but I haven't received it yet. I'll let you know when I do. :)

yes do tell us, it might be amillion years later:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

It's working from home, although it's dreadfully slow ...

Sent a text to myself & it came through fine.

Any clever people have a new shortcut URL for skipping the login page & going straight to webtexts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It ridiculous having to register again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

when i changed over to three, i could still log on and send texts from O2. now with this re-registering crap i cant. bastids!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Well I have tried since yesterday to register and get all manner of sh1t and still can't login....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Holy ****, what a bunch of wingers, can't you do without sending silly web texts for one day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Unfortunately for me, it looks like my web texting days are numbered. Damn upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

the new o2 site looks crap. its like something a child would design. The UK one is definitely nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Vok

Yes, I miss my web texts. But not as much as my girlfriend misses her email.

She signed up to the O2 web site a few years ago with her company phone, but she changed jobs and now has a Vodafone account. However, she was still able to log in and get her mail on her O2 account.

Until yesterday when she tried logging in and was asked for her phone number - which now belongs to somebody else.

Now I accept that, by rights, she's not entitled to the service anymore now that she's no longer an O2 customer. But I'm pretty amazed by the fact that O2 gave no indication - to me at least - that this change was going to occur. If I'd known it was switching over, and this scenario was going to occurred, I would have been able to go in and at least back up her email contacts and send out a new Gmail address for her to her friends.

Aside from hijacking somebody else's phone number to register with, does anyone have any ideas on to get access to this now inaccessible mail?

I looked for a contact number for general web site queries but evidently they don't supply that anymore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Vok wrote:
    Aside from hijacking somebody else's phone number to register with, does anyone have any ideas on to get access to this now inaccessible mail?

I looked for a contact number for general web site queries but evidently they don't supply that anymore.

What I'd be more worried about if I was you if that potentially the person that knows own the number could login and read all your girlfriends e-mails...could be wrong but it could happy....potentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Holy ****, what a bunch of wingers, can't you do without sending silly web texts for one day?

Tis not that I want to pay my phone bill and view a few items on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

Vok wrote:

Without an o2 phone, you can still use your old o2.ie email a/c, just not through the web interface. Set up mail.o2.ie as the mail server in an email client, like Thunderbird e.g., and use the username and password you used to login to the site with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

SorryMy O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later.

still cant login... but my sister just managed to do it on her phone 5 mins ago, what the **** is going on with that site? bunch of idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Haven't been able to send a webtext for around 3 days now, I think this website change is just an elaborate ruse to get us to buy credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

I thought that was what boards is for :p Whinging !

Besides, the only reason I use O2 is because of their international webtexts + great phonebook. The rest of their tariffs are pretty ridiculous, so if it wasn't for webtexts I'd be spending over twice as much every month !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Vok wrote:
    Yes, I miss my web texts. But not as much as my girlfriend misses her email.

She signed up to the O2 web site a few years ago with her company phone, but she changed jobs and now has a Vodafone account. However, she was still able to log in and get her mail on her O2 account.

Until yesterday when she tried logging in and was asked for her phone number - which now belongs to somebody else.

Now I accept that, by rights, she's not entitled to the service anymore now that she's no longer an O2 customer. But I'm pretty amazed by the fact that O2 gave no indication - to me at least - that this change was going to occur. If I'd known it was switching over, and this scenario was going to occurred, I would have been able to go in and at least back up her email contacts and send out a new Gmail address for her to her friends.

try getting an o2 sim card, register it when it asks do you want to keep your old email address say yes fill it in and fill in the old password this should do the trick.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah the only time I ever go near the O2 website is for webtext, international texts in particular....

I'm sure someone will come up with a quick link to the webtext page in the next few days... it's very very handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

glacially slow today. Use it for texts and checking how much I have spent on my bill.

The UK site looked better.

Will try sending myself a webtext I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Guys, i was out of credit there a minute ago, rang up to pay by CC, she had my CC details on file but she can't log into the site to charge it to my card.

So what did she do???

€10 free credit good-will gesture!!

1850 601 747!!!

EDIT: careful, if you try it and they can log into the site, you might be charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KapitalT

o2 couldnt give a toss that their website isnt working. Over the short term it generates revenue.

The whole upgrade thing was a joke... we had to re-register and then just a bit of an average facelift, really slow for the moment and... NO NEW SERVICES!!!! :(
    (although i am now reminded that I am not eligible for an upgrade)

... I suspect they will fix it, but i also suspect its not a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That piece of crap website is still not working.

Nice of them to let us know - I tried logging in to send a web text and it told me my username didn't exist. I then getting the password sent to my phone, but it then told me the phone number didn't exist.

It's only when I went to rant on Boards.ie that I found out that I wasn't the only one.

How the hell are these clowns still in business?

• Advertisement

tom dunne wrote:
    That piece of crap website is still not working.

Nice of them to let us know - I tried logging in to send a web text and it told me my username didn't exist. I then getting the password sent to my phone, but it then told me the phone number didn't exist.

It's only when I went to rant on Boards.ie that I found out that I wasn't the only one.

How the hell are these clowns still in business?

they are muppets, im really pissed off.i will eat there head off tommmorrow and see what i can get free.and we cannot even use free texts.and what about people doing business through there o2 email account:eek: .there ****ed

Advertisement