Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New O2 Website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

this is most likely. the data card is 150 and only for contract users
    I got it for €129.99 with a new sim for the card.
    Maybe because im a business customer though.
    Btw 3G is €1.75 per MB ex vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Sparky-s wrote:
    I got it for €129.99 with a new sim for the card.
    Maybe because im a business customer though.
    Btw 3G is €175 per MB ex vat.

€175?? Can you please clarify this.

flodis79 wrote:
    €175?? Can you please clarify this.
    sorry its €1.75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭opus

Bah still not working for registration. :(

Sorry
    My O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

PMSL at the €175 typo :D

As for the €1.75 per MB, this is on the highest data card tariff iirc ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

"Tomorrow at 7am the latest", they told me the site will be back running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I just re-registered (f*cks sake!) with no problem, and have sent several web texts in the past hour, all received ok.

Real pain in the hole having to re-register, they could have at least put a notice on the front page telling people to do so.

When you try login with your old details - they tell you it's incorrect and there's a note there explaining it!

As for webtexts - they seem to be sending but not getting through for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Ok I re-registered earlier on (despite being an O2 billpay customer for years: thanks go to O2 for automatically migrating my registration.. :mad: ) and when I logged back in a half hour ago it was making me change my password to a new one... after I jumped through that hoop, I tried changing back to my original password, but it won't let me... in fairness like! The main reason I'm still with O2 is I need webtext for international texts.. otherwise I'd be off to the land of 3 in... 3 seconds :D

The password needs at least 2 numbers and 2 letters .. or something .. had to change mine too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I like the new site, but did they have to feck up the registration details :rolleyes:
    I moved to 3 last september and stopped using my old O2 number at that time. I still used O2 WebTexts (only I always told the person to reply to my 083 number). I also used the O2 email as my junk mail a/c. Now because I cannot find my old SIM, I cannot receive the varification text as part of the registration. Time to register a hotmail a/c and update sites that still use my old addy. I dont even know if my old email username/pass still works from Outlook. Ah well, it was good while it lasted, free web texts and not paying a cent for O2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KapitalT

cast_iron wrote:
    "Tomorrow at 7am the latest", they told me the site will be back running.

its 10 now and this website is still fscked...

... also I prefered it when i used a username to log in. Now, if you know someone's phone number, you can more easily attempt to log in to their account. OK, you still have to guess a password, but that is (sometimes a lot) easier if you know someone.

Or maybe you just want to annoy someone you dislike, you can easily block their account (by logging in with wrong passwords), repeatedly if you want (one could write a script to do that on a daily/hourly basis). And all you need to know is their phone number. This is not as secure as everybody picking their own username.

IMO this is in a step backwards. If o2 maintain this level of service delivery, they are unlikely to survive in such a competitive market.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Maybe mentioned before? Has anyone used it in Firefox? Is someone actually getting paid for designing this site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

is there any alternative free texting place? i searched and came up with nothing but spam.. i need to send a text NOW.. this o2 site is ****ing bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

KapitalT wrote:
    IMO this is in a step backwards. If o2 maintain this level of service delivery, they are unlikely to survive in such a competitive market.

Competitive? Since when was the mobile phone cartel, sorry, market competitive in Ireland?

Two dominant players, a budget outfit and a rip-off merchant do not make for a competitive market.

O2 know they can do what they want. What are we, the paying customers going to do? Bend over and take it like we normally do.

Oooooh, I didn't realise I was so grumpy today. :)

@rogue-entity
    Why not go into an O2 shop and get a replacement SIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

After re-registering last night (and sending several web texts succesfully), I now can't log in.

I clicked the option to send me my password, it asked me the 'Where is your favourite place?' option, I put in my answer and it says it's wrong.

FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

great website, at last i can now send free texts after months of complaining and 'you have exceeded you login attempts' messages.

for all non-firefox users - i have no sympathy for you, you get what you deserve for using IE. :D:D

this is great, an o2 site that works for me. im loving seeing all of you complaining, now you know how i felt for months :D

@eth0_
    Ring customer care and they can reset it for you, at least they could on the old one

@smemon
    Why you didn't ring customer care before about the "login attempts" error is beyond me :/

Why do O2 insist on us signing up for an email address :/

Some of us have more then one account and just don't want O2 email addys :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

does anyone know where i can find the gprs settings. there used to be a place where you just put in your phone number and they sent them to you but i cant find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 schmooFlan

BFassassin wrote:
    does anyone know where i can find the gprs settings. there used to be a place where you just put in your phone number and they sent them to you but i cant find it

Hey,

I found this by going to
    Personal -> I want to Know about : Picture Messaging -> Settings
    and it has a form to enter your phone number, etc. in.

The URl is

http://www.o2online.ie/Utilities/settings/default.do?wcmArea=/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Services/Messaging/Picture+messaging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

thanks mate:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I dunno, I havent had any problems with this site yet. As for Firefox issues mentioned, I have tested this site on latest versions of

Opera
    Camino
    Firefox
    Safari

and other Mac OS X browsers and have yet to come up with issues with any of them other than minimal style discrepancies (padding slightly out on some divs). Remember the days when you called them up and said Macintosh, and they wanted to know what websites had to do with "raincoats"?

Functionally yes its slow, but can you imagine that the customer base of approx. 250,000 users (online) are all trying to register/send webtext/login/check bill in a small period of time (given that you havent been able to for the last couple of days), is it not assumed that there will be some glitches in the first couple of days?

As for O2.co.uk site being better? What?! Are you people still hooked on Lynx or something? Have you tried resizing the site? from an accessbility point of view, its terrible? Have you noticed that the O2 UK shop is simply a rehash of their old shop with new colours? The O2 UK site is by far and away the worst mobile portal site I have seen, and I should know having worked on a major mobile portal for 6 years. From a usability/accessbility point of view, its awful.

Give O2 a break, if your still complaining about it this time next week, then I'll personally stand with you all and picket outside their offices..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,023 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's as slow as f*ck for me.. clicked on 'WebText' 5 minutes ago and it's still hasn't loaded. Can't blame my 3MB broadband as the rest of my pages are opening at lightning speed today.

And as someone who studied HCI and the various principles of Good Web Design from HCI gurus such as Donald Norman, Jakob Nielsen and Ben Schneidermann.. let me tell you that site breaks every feckin' rule of good web design!

Horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Just looking at new O2 website - looks really good I reckon!

WebText loaded straight away for me, was fast and I sent a message to myself and it got there in about a second!

Good work O2!

Now maybe ye can give us more free messages every month!

The My o2 service doesnt work for me.

Im a business customer.

"SorryMy O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later."

@irishfeller
    I'll take some more texts... and free webbased MMS too :)

@Sparky-s
    What you mean it doesn't work? You tried ringing them?

ciaranfo wrote:
    @irishfeller
    I'll take some more texts... and free webbased MMS too :)

@Sparky-s
    What you mean it doesn't work? You tried ringing them?

Its arsed, i had to re-reg, enter account details and after going through all that, i get the sorry myo2 is unavailable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Seems to be a LOT nippier today now. I couldn't do anything with the O2 site earlier this week, well, within a 5 minute timeframe, anyway ;) And the txts are getting to their destination quickly, also.

Advertisement