Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New O2 Website

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Yes its a lot nippier today...
    But now i have someone elses phonebook!

Anybody here know a:
    Aideen
    Aisling
    Annabelle
    BARDON P....
    BreandanG...
    etc
    etc
    Get in touch....Cos I certainly don't!

I would presume you probably have some sort of grounds to sue them for breach of privacy?

O2's web development "team" have gotta be the biggest bunch of amateurs on this earth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I would presume you probably have some sort of grounds to sue them for breach of privacy?

I'd suggest an email to the data protection commissioner.
    http://www.dataprotection.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hill

That happened to me years ago. I had a mates phonebook merge into mine (on a PC could never used so it wasn't a cookie problem). It happened when I sent him a webtext.

They must not have changed their database.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Right it seems that they are having problems with adding customer account numbers, so I left that out when re-reging.
    It allows you to add higher access later, but when I do I get a massive error.
    So it seems they have yet to connect the accounts data with the site.

Anyone else on postpay get the same error?

The upgrade worked out well for me, the site actually works in firefox now :O.
    Can anyone who is a fan of text buddy: http://www.nitrowebsoftware.com/software/textbuddy/what.php get it working? Ever since the change I keep having to log into the site to send my free texts, which is kinda annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,023 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can anyone who is a fan of text buddy: http://www.nitrowebsoftware.com/software/textbuddy/what.php get it working? Ever since the change I keep having to log into the site to send my free texts, which is kinda annoying.
    Of course.. the site is completely re-designed!

I'm afraid the developer would need to make changes to the source before it will work again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Anybody elses webtexts taking about 6 hours to send? As in once you send them it takes about 6 hours for them to deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anybody elses webtexts taking about 6 hours to send? As in once you send them it takes about 6 hours for them to deliver.

Umm... hopefully not :eek: Iv'e been trying to contact someone all weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@Royal with Cheese
    My webtexts are working fine, almost instant

@Sparky-S
    My accounts working fine - can view my bills etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

yestery my phone book was "Lynne"... I don't know any lynne.

now I've just logged on and my phone book consists of

Biddy
    CArrie
    Daniel D
    kev
    Sarah Hardy
    etc
    etc

Does anybody know these people?

CHRIST almighty, what a bunch of amateurs!

I wonder what my bill will look like next time around :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    @Sparky-S
    My accounts working fine - can view my bills etc.

Did it work when you first registered?

Yeh Sparky-s. The first time I logged onto the website I signed up and everything worked fine. It went downhill from there in terms of speed but other then the slowness it's been working fine.
    You know you need to enter your account number and pin (if you don't have a pin you leave it blank) to view your bill details? It seems to be setup so that if you've got a business account with a number of phones you can allow people email and webtexts without bill info etc.

@spockety
    Have you been onto O2 about this? I'd be interested to see what they're saying. If the websites so unreliable when it comes to phonebooks and what not - surely you'd have a case for not paying bills as you thought you were getting somebody elses :D

ciaranfo wrote:
    Yeh Sparky-s. The first time I logged onto the website I signed up and everything worked fine. It went downhill from there in terms of speed but other then the slowness it's been working fine.
    You know you need to enter your account number and pin (if you don't have a pin you leave it blank) to view your bill details? It seems to be setup so that if you've got a business account with a number of phones you can allow people email and webtexts without bill info etc.

Well I have a pin for my account info. The same account number showed up my two numbers on the previous system.

The email seems to be doing something now, its refusing my username and password, via outlook.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I called them yesterday when my entire phonebook was replaced with "Lynne".

They said something like "how odd!", and said they hadn't heard anything like taht before. Then she goes away, and comes back 2 minutes later and says, oh actually yes they are getting a few hundred calls about it since yesterday morning. She said it was a technical problem, and they would not be in a position to have anyone look at it UNTIL MONDAY(!!). She then says in order to fix it, they are going to need my username, and get this, she wants my PASSWORD! I said "is that really necessary?", and she said "oh yes, we need the password, but don't worry, we won't be logging into your account or anything"..

Somebody somewhere out there is reading all of my private numbers from my phone book, and I'm reading someone elses. It's an absolute disgrace, and an invasion of privacy or total disregard for proper handling of people's private information.

Some serious problems with formatting when it comes to Firefox too.

Here's what a page looks like in Internet Explorer (well, the IE plugin for FF .. but anyhow ..)
    http://www.yellowpaint.net/vault/files/collectpictures_ie.jpg.jpg

And the same page in Firefox ..
    http://www.yellowpaint.net/vault/files/collectpictures_ff.jpg.jpg

Clearly a difference ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

Sparky-s wrote:
    The email seems to be doing something now, its refusing my username and password, via outlook.

This happened to me - but the answer is simple: Your old username and *new* password (the one you chose at registration for th enew website) is what you need now to get your POP3 email - your outlook settings probably still have the old password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

spockety wrote:
    I called them yesterday when my entire phonebook was replaced with "Lynne".

They said something like "how odd!", and said they hadn't heard anything like taht before. Then she goes away, and comes back 2 minutes later and says, oh actually yes they are getting a few hundred calls about it since yesterday morning. She said it was a technical problem, and they would not be in a position to have anyone look at it UNTIL MONDAY(!!). She then says in order to fix it, they are going to need my username, and get this, she wants my PASSWORD! I said "is that really necessary?", and she said "oh yes, we need the password, but don't worry, we won't be logging into your account or anything"..

Somebody somewhere out there is reading all of my private numbers from my phone book, and I'm reading someone elses. It's an absolute disgrace, and an invasion of privacy or total disregard for proper handling of people's private information.

I've had a problem receiving about 15 messages a day from unknown numbers, all looking like sent from webtext (i.e. 0035386...), I thought it was spam but after reading this and the fact that one of the messages was an invite to a party complete with address, I may be getting stung by something like this.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Cant log in again this morning, bad gateway response again. Anyone else getting this error? Must say, this change has been awfully managed by o2. What the hell was wrong with the old site???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Been actually working ok for me, just sent a webtxt there and when I clicked back in to send another one my phonebook had been cleared :eek: O sweet jesus this had better be only a temporary glitch :mad:

• Advertisement

Happens me too when I click the back button cupthehand. Solution? Don't use the back button works for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 springvale

Does anyone know how much those o2 smoked/fresh fishy morons paid Cap ****ami for this unmitigated pile (and to think there are children starving in Longford)? Does anyone really think that if the management of o2 were working for a company which really had to compete in an open market-place that they'd still be in a job??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 springvale

haddaway & sh*te mcelhinney - 250,000 users (online) me hole... they'd be lucky to get 25 in a month (and 20 of them would go away confused and a day older). move on man, move on......

Where's it say 250k users online?

And LOL @ fresh fishy morons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I was wondering why I can't get into the site anymore. After reading this thread now I know. I thought it was my password so I tried to get it to reset mine. But it won't accept my number! Have tried with no sucess to get through to tech support, and they've not responded to any of my emails.

:mad:

Did you not read it TempestSabre?

Read what's on the left hand side on the main page about needing to reregister. Read what it links to here - http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Welcome%20to%20O2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Can't seem to send webtexts tonight. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

ciaranfo wrote:
    Did you not read it TempestSabre?

Read what's on the left hand side on the main page about needing to reregister. Read what it links to here - http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Welcome%20to%20O2

No thanks I didn't see that. I usually go straight to the webtext without going via the login page. I've re-registered now and got back in, got my address book back. But I can't go direct to webtext without logging in, and any texts I've sent haven't been delivered. The site isn't working in firefox for me, only in IE. Not in IE tab in FF either.

I wonder did they do this to make it harder to use webtext?

Yeh, shame the old webtext link doesn't work.

As for not working in FF - there's some real formatting issues on random pages, but nothing "too" major.

As for IE tab in FF - same performance as IE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

any idea who did the redesign - was it o2 inhouse or another outsource job?

Advertisement