Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New O2 Website

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Webtext page hasn't been loading since early this morning. Bloody useless o2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm getting no functionality in FF though it looks close enough. I'm on a lappy at the moment. I'll try again tomorrow on a desktop and see if it still bunched for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Absolute rubbish. I'd hardly call it an upgrade. I was expecting to be able to see more of my contacts on screen not less and perhaps the ability to send longer text msgs. Totally unreliable now to the point where I have to send the same txt that I'm sending to someone else to myself just to make sure it gets delivered. If not, as seems to be the case alot lately, I have to type up the whole damn txt in my phone and send it.... grrrrrr :mad:

I've always been with o2 going back years but I'm starting to consider maybe switching if things don't improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 springvale

Search: We've added search functionality to help you find what you are looking for, quickly.
    Rocket science indeed lads
    Compare phones: Use our dynamic phone selector to help you find the phone that suits you best.
    ah that's lovely, now do i want my nokia 5110 in grey or blue, hmmmm...
    Phone support: Online user guides, features & phone accessories for your mobile.
    pilfered form the manufacturers no doubt
    My O2 home: You're very own personalised home page.
    somebody put me outta my misery
    BTW can you guess which portal mcelhinney worked for for all those years? would it be o2? could it? suerly not!! Guess what? IT IS O2!!!!! plonker

Ph3n0m wrote:
    any idea who did the redesign - was it o2 inhouse or another outsource job?
    cap gemini

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

LOL @ springvale. I agree with everything except the 5110. In fairness to O2 they just got the N70 lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

i have been spending the last HOUR trying to send a webtext from this stupid o2 website. What a load of bull****.

any1 try ringing o2? Im sure the fcukers just say that it will be resolved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I managed to send a group webtext and one single text but then it gave up. Had to use my meteor webtext instead.

Perhaps too many people trying to use it at once?!

Just tried it there myself (webtexts that is) - working without issues. I'm on postpay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

springvale wrote:
    Search: We've added search functionality to help you find what you are looking for, quickly.
    Rocket science indeed lads
    Compare phones: Use our dynamic phone selector to help you find the phone that suits you best.
    ah that's lovely, now do i want my nokia 5110 in grey or blue, hmmmm...
    Phone support: Online user guides, features & phone accessories for your mobile.
    pilfered form the manufacturers no doubt
    My O2 home: You're very own personalised home page.
    somebody put me outta my misery
    BTW can you guess which portal mcelhinney worked for for all those years? would it be o2? could it? suerly not!! Guess what? IT IS O2!!!!! plonker

Plonker? Is that really called for now springvale. At least i dont hide behind the anonymity of a handle which is quite clearly also the name of your house, and quite possibly every major password you've ever had..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ciaranfo wrote:
    @smemon
    Why you didn't ring customer care before about the "login attempts" error is beyond me :/

i did! basically said it was fine their end and to go away and check my computer :rolleyes:

i also couldnt register ANY new phone, even for family :mad: complained and eventually gave up as i was getting nowhere.

but now it's all solved and you guys are getting a taste of what i had to put up with. ive no issues whatsoever, webtext works grand, sites nice and nippy, all other features work.... happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Sparky-s wrote:
    Right it seems that they are having problems with adding customer account numbers, so I left that out when re-reging.
    It allows you to add higher access later, but when I do I get a massive error.
    So it seems they have yet to connect the accounts data with the site.

Anyone else on postpay get the same error?
    yeah, i can't get into the account details either. pain in the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

its pure ****e today. Webtexts were taking 1hr+ to be delivered. keep getting connection errors now as well. Also getting this patronising message when the page isnt loading correctly:
    You appear to be using an out-of date browser. This means that you are missing out on our new look & new features. Think of it like the difference between tapes and CDs.

twats. fix yer bloody site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Doesn't seem to want to work this morning again...

[edit] Finally did ... after about 3 minutes... [/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Ack, what a hassle! You've got to re-register which means you've got to get a verification code sent to your phone, specify your old webmail username and password, be told incorrect password/problem, call 1909/bad gateway and start over and voila! You have your new account.

I have to say though, I like it over the previous site but it could still be better. At least the webtext is much better - no page layout issues in Mozilla :) and the colours match the site now.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Workign ok for me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Plonker? Is that really called for now springvale. At least i dont hide behind the anonymity of a handle which is quite clearly also the name of your house, and quite possibly every major password you've ever had..

Wow could you be more of an idiot?

Springvale - If I were you I would be making a serious complaint to o2 about this member of staff, I am astounded at this flagrant flouting of data protection rules and customer confidentiality. It's incredibly easy for his identity to be revealed.

plonker is as plonker does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Hi all,
    I am so fed up with O2 i asked for a contact name for the senior management (unfortuynately i also said their web engineers should be sacked, particularly as i got charged twice on my credit card!)
    I got this from O2 customer care team:

Mr. Hanway is the Director of O2 Customer Care if you would like to send
    a complaint to him, the address is McLaughlin Road, National
    Technological Park, Limerick.

If we hit em with enough letters do you think that it will register that their service is crap?
    Incidentally from the website i got the following names:
    Danuta Gray, Chief Executive
    Campbell Scott, Director of Innovation
    Oliver Coughlan, Technology Director
    Terri Fitzgerald-Bradley, Customer Experience Director
    Tony Hanway, Customer Care Director

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

send them an email yesterday complaining about a few issues, still no reply, getting an unlock code for my phone off them and then off to vodafone

• Advertisement

How is Vodafone a solution? WHy not buy a Motorola too? ;)

Consider Meteor if it's webtexts and what not you're after ... vodafone is expensive and has poor customer service in my experience.

I do hope O2s website and it's slow response times as a result over the last 2 weeks improve though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I am so sick of the O2 website, most times i login theres problems. Now i'm getting a 500 Server Error , malfunction when getting passed to first page. Damn right unprofessional. Who is doing the website for them anyways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

its a feckin joke of a site, they should spend more on simple web technology than flashy ad campains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

i poped them an email also, complaining about website going down, coverage decreasing in my area, i rang up to see if anything can be done for a ready to go person to stop them from porting away.

and was told - engineers are working on the problem and we are sending your number to our marketing department to see about getting you involved in future promotions.

some sh1te to launch a new site that doesnt work, dont they test prior to launch? or is it launch no, fix later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

got an email from them today - sent it on Tuesday - saying I needed to re-register and that they had changed my password for me.

I wasnt able to re-register, as it said I had already done this - which I had - so I just changed my password.

Was able to view my call details and my bill.

Advertisement