Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Porch Quotes

• 17-05-2006 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

I've a rectangular porch about 6' x 8' entrance and I'd like to put in a sliding door to cover it in.

I'm trying to avoid those PVC /Aluminium doors that are all over the place. So I'd like to get something that's hardwood and doubleglazed and looks a bit better.

Has anyone any experience of getting a job like this done? Who's reliable and what it would cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

I would say in around 3-4 K , I got 3 quotes between that and then ended up getting done for 2200 super job too of brother's friend, there are some robbers out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Thanks Oulu - I'm trying to stay away from the chancers!

I got a quote today for €2.5K from an outfit called Swedex in West Dublin. www.swedex.ie. They have quite a good website

They use Arctic Pine, which I presume is a pretty sound hardwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

I would stay away from s****x - terrible customer service - try getting anyone to ring you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

ifah wrote:
    I would stay away from s****x - terrible customer service - try getting anyone to ring you!

Yes ! I've noticed when dealing with the sales side of S****x they never ring back.

I assumed, that they're overun with work, and really don't care too much about new business, just like the rest of the building industry.

Advertisement