Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for stone mason?

Options
  • 17-05-2006 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll need to get someone to put stone on the front of the house we are building. Does anyone have any idea how much these guys typically charge?

The area to be done is approx 60 m2

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

A few years ago down here the figure that was floating about was €50 sq yd, considering where you are and the time lapse I reckon you won't have much change out of €100 sq yd.

Prices may vary quite a bit, but there are guys that are good at doing this and there are guys that are poor at it. Have a look at their previous work and see if it "Looks good". Also depends on the stone you intend using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

A friend got one last year. €100.00 per sq mtr. And this was a favour:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be staying in weekends for a few years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

we paid €125 last year, and that included stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cut stone, random rubble, gravel?

On the wall or on the ground?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi,

We got stone work done by a guy last year, he is either Latvian or Lithuainian, i can never remember. He has a large team and their work is very good, and has done alot of work around the leinster area. I will pm you his number later.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

you are talking at best 100euro per sq meter, about 120euro average.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

once you supply the limestone you'll get the work done for 75 per Sq/m
    budget 800E for a load of stone

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Salem

Hey Smadger,
    Have ye' considered this eng. stone ... I'm going with it for me firebreast ....
    Lovely stuff for external walls aswell ... Went down to Mullingar to check it out and had a good chat with the guy ... Most of the stuff is around 75 euro/sqm ... He says anyone can fit it ... Check out the step by step page ... I think its great ...
    http://www.premierstonedirect.ie

This crowd do it aswell ... http://www.hazelmillstone.com/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I considered that Salem and thought it looked well but the more of it you see the more you realise how fake it looks.
    Maybe in a Limestone you might get away with it but in a lighter colored stone it looks poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

The wife has her mind made up on the stone, so that's fixed.

Got a couple of quotes for the mason at around the 85/m2 mark so far. Seems in line with what some of you are reporting.

Advertisement